Not math-related? Too religious? The challenge of this puzzle is to (title).
I once made a remark about the hidden books of the Bible. It was a lulu; kept people looking so hard for facts…and for others it was a revelation. Some were in a jam, especially since the names of the books were not capitalized. But the truth finally struck home to numbers of our readers. To others it was a real job. We want it to be a most fascinating few moments for you. Yes, there will be some really easy ones to spot. Others may require judges to help them. I will quickly admit it usually takes a pastor to find one of them, and there will be loud lamentations when it is found! A little lady says she brews a cup of tea so she can concentrate better. See how well you can compete. Relax now, for there really are sixteen names of books of the Bible in this paragraph.
END OF PARAGRAPH
Don't tell me there are seventeen, okay?
I was just playing around with a calculator until I found out that 4,913 squared had a property. And so as the other numbers ranging from 4,901 to 4,999. So, here is the trick.
1. Pick a number from 4,901-4,999.
I have here in my hands a number called 4,949.
2. Get the number 24.
So now we have 24,???,???. Question mark means unknown digit.
3. Take the last two digits of the number from step 1.
Here we have 24,49?,???.
4. Subtract the last two digits of the number from step 1 from 100.
Now, we get 100-49, hence 51. But don't add that number yet.
5. Square the result from step 4.
51^2 = 2,601
6. Join the answer from step 3 and step 5. If the answer to step 5 does not have four digits, add more zeroes to the left of the result until you get four digits, then merge steps 3 and 5's result..
Okay, back to the example. So now we have 24,492,601.
7. Calculate the square root of the answer in number 6. If the result is the same from step 1, then congratulations! Show this to your friends.