Math Is Fun Forum
  Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#51 2014-03-09 21:54:03

satish kumar singh
Guest

Re: Is it any pseudo pattern gives prime number in proper range?

danaj wrote:

In the example for "is 281 prime" you did:

1. find squre root of number near about it is 17
2 17*=Pn*=510510
3 Ip17 =number not divisible by 2,3,5,7,9,...17

then:  prime= Ip17-Pn* where IP17 started at 510513, and Pn* was 510510.

For the example "111,111,111,111,111" (decimal), I get a square root of 10540925.   Step 2 as well as the prime generation says to use Pn*=10530925#.  That came out to 4,576,061 digits for me.  The number in "No of Ipn sub series" is going to be similarly titanic.  What is different about this example from the 281 example?

You have to either store these or calculate them, and either way I don't see how you can say "don't worry about time [...] to find them."  Why not just precalculate the primes directly if we get to discount the time and/or space?

then:  prime= Ip17-Pn* where IP17 started at 510513, and Pn* was 510510.
Just for General way

For the example "111,111,111,111,111" (decimal), I get a square root of 10540925.   Step 2 as well as the prime generation says to use Pn*=10530925#.  That came out to 4,576,061 digits for me.  The number in "No of Ipn sub series" is going to be similarly titanic.  What is different about this example from the 281 example?

hi

First of all I would like to clear for two type of test of prime number
1-     Finding for any single prime number( it is  not testing ).
( Prime number = Ipn element-Pn*(only values i.e multiplication) )
Ex-
          510751(Ipn) -   510510 (P17)  =  241 ( prime )
          467 (Ipn) -     450 (P5)   = 17 ( prime )
          469 (Ipn) -    450 (P5)   = 19 ( prime )
2-    Second group testing.( I use Ipn Set it is well defined itself and in A.P ). So can be operate very easily. Second Ipn set tends to zero% in compression of natural number in fact it will give only prime number in higher range of prime table)
            Ex. I3—3,5,7,9,11,---infine
Ex I5----5,11,17,23….. infine
               7,13,19,25…. Infine
In general  Go to post#15
You have to either store these or calculate them, and either way I don't see how you can say "don't worry about time [...] to find them."  Why not just precalculate the primes directly if we get to discount the time and/or space?

Thanks

#52 2014-03-09 21:54:10

satish kumar singh
Guest

Re: Is it any pseudo pattern gives prime number in proper range?

danaj wrote:

In the example for "is 281 prime" you did:

1. find squre root of number near about it is 17
2 17*=Pn*=510510
3 Ip17 =number not divisible by 2,3,5,7,9,...17

then:  prime= Ip17-Pn* where IP17 started at 510513, and Pn* was 510510.

For the example "111,111,111,111,111" (decimal), I get a square root of 10540925.   Step 2 as well as the prime generation says to use Pn*=10530925#.  That came out to 4,576,061 digits for me.  The number in "No of Ipn sub series" is going to be similarly titanic.  What is different about this example from the 281 example?

You have to either store these or calculate them, and either way I don't see how you can say "don't worry about time [...] to find them."  Why not just precalculate the primes directly if we get to discount the time and/or space?

then:  prime= Ip17-Pn* where IP17 started at 510513, and Pn* was 510510.
Just for General way

For the example "111,111,111,111,111" (decimal), I get a square root of 10540925.   Step 2 as well as the prime generation says to use Pn*=10530925#.  That came out to 4,576,061 digits for me.  The number in "No of Ipn sub series" is going to be similarly titanic.  What is different about this example from the 281 example?

hi

First of all I would like to clear for two type of test of prime number
1-     Finding for any single prime number( it is  not testing ).
( Prime number = Ipn element-Pn*(only values i.e multiplication) )
Ex-
          510751(Ipn) -   510510 (P17)  =  241 ( prime )
          467 (Ipn) -     450 (P5)   = 17 ( prime )
          469 (Ipn) -    450 (P5)   = 19 ( prime )
2-    Second group testing.( I use Ipn Set it is well defined itself and in A.P ). So can be operate very easily. Second Ipn set tends to zero% in compression of natural number in fact it will give only prime number in higher range of prime table)
            Ex. I3—3,5,7,9,11,---infine
Ex I5----5,11,17,23….. infine
               7,13,19,25…. Infine
In general  Go to post#15
You have to either store these or calculate them, and either way I don't see how you can say "don't worry about time [...] to find them."  Why not just precalculate the primes directly if we get to discount the time and/or space?

Thanks

#53 2014-03-09 22:09:02

bobbym
bumpkin
From: Bumpkinland
Registered: 2009-04-12
Posts: 108,752

Re: Is it any pseudo pattern gives prime number in proper range?

1-     Finding for any single prime number( it is  not testing ).

Hmmm, can you find all the primes between

111 111 111 111 000 and 111 111 111 111 999?


In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

Offline

#54 2014-03-10 00:50:49

satish kumar singh
Guest

Re: Is it any pseudo pattern gives prime number in proper range?

bobbym wrote:

1-     Finding for any single prime number( it is  not testing ).

Hmmm, can you find all the primes between

111 111 111 111 000 and 111 111 111 111 999?

Yes why not sure up to 16 digits
br
satish

#55 2014-03-10 00:58:13

bobbym
bumpkin
From: Bumpkinland
Registered: 2009-04-12
Posts: 108,752

Re: Is it any pseudo pattern gives prime number in proper range?

Please list them for me. Can you?


In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

Offline

#56 2014-03-11 01:44:27

satish kumar singh
Guest

Re: Is it any pseudo pattern gives prime number in proper range?

bobbym wrote:

Please list them for me. Can you?

sure i will but i will have to work for that.It will take time bcz i have less time these day.But i will show you result.

Br
Satish

#57 2014-03-11 01:47:24

bobbym
bumpkin
From: Bumpkinland
Registered: 2009-04-12
Posts: 108,752

Re: Is it any pseudo pattern gives prime number in proper range?

Okay, that would be good.


In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

Offline

#58 2014-03-19 00:33:33

satish kumar singh
Guest

Re: Is it any pseudo pattern gives prime number in proper range?

bobbym wrote:

Okay, that would be good.

sorry it will take long time to find 15digits prime no on excel, will have to make code for it.
i had done it to 10 digits only.
Br
satish

#59 2014-03-19 03:15:07

bobbym
bumpkin
From: Bumpkinland
Registered: 2009-04-12
Posts: 108,752

Re: Is it any pseudo pattern gives prime number in proper range?

Hi;

Let me see it when you have it.


In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

Offline

#60 2014-03-25 01:20:11

satish kumar singh
Guest

Re: Is it any pseudo pattern gives prime number in proper range?

bobbym wrote:

Hi;

Let me see it when you have it.

i will have to check 15 digits number (7777) times to get result.
br
Satish

#61 2014-03-25 06:34:30

bobbym
bumpkin
From: Bumpkinland
Registered: 2009-04-12
Posts: 108,752

Re: Is it any pseudo pattern gives prime number in proper range?

If you do not have a math proof, the next best thing is some numerical evidence. If you do not have either then you have nothing.


In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

Offline

#62 2015-03-15 23:14:12

satwnz
Member
Registered: 2011-08-13
Posts: 14

Re: Is it any pseudo pattern gives prime number in proper range?

Odd Prime numers always yiels a small prime number ( in proper range ).
Every odd Prime numers yiels a small prime number ( in proper range ).

Prime Number    MOD 30  (5< p<25 )    MOD 210 (7< p<49 )    Mod 2310 (11< p<121 )
2,347                                             7    37                                 37
2,351                                             11    41                                  41
2,357                                             17    47                                  47
4,637                                             17    17                                   17
4,639                                             19    19                                   19
4,643                                             23    23                                    23
4,657                                              7    37                                      37
4,663                                             13    43                                    43
6,947                                             17    17                                    17
6,949                                             19    19                                   19
9,277                                              7    37                                     37
9,281                                             11    41                                    41
9,283                                             13    43                                    43

This directly Means if you have big prime number with help of mod smaller can be find out.

Last edited by satwnz (2015-03-16 02:27:13)


IF there is problem there is solution

Offline

#63 2015-03-16 00:36:05

Agnishom
Real Member
From: Riemann Sphere
Registered: 2011-01-29
Posts: 24,650
Website

Re: Is it any pseudo pattern gives prime number in proper range?

We have many number theorists here...

Is 9831655609 prime?


'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Offline

#64 2015-03-16 10:25:38

bobbym
bumpkin
From: Bumpkinland
Registered: 2009-04-12
Posts: 108,752

Re: Is it any pseudo pattern gives prime number in proper range?

It is prime.


In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

Offline

#65 2015-03-16 13:16:06

Agnishom
Real Member
From: Riemann Sphere
Registered: 2011-01-29
Posts: 24,650
Website

Re: Is it any pseudo pattern gives prime number in proper range?

bobbym wrote:

If you do not have a math proof, the next best thing is some numerical evidence. If you do not have either then you have nothing.

Not true. I have some carrots.


'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Offline

#66 2015-03-16 13:18:36

bobbym
bumpkin
From: Bumpkinland
Registered: 2009-04-12
Posts: 108,752

Re: Is it any pseudo pattern gives prime number in proper range?

Do you know what an Otark is?


In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

Offline

#67 2015-03-16 13:49:57

Agnishom
Real Member
From: Riemann Sphere
Registered: 2011-01-29
Posts: 24,650
Website

Re: Is it any pseudo pattern gives prime number in proper range?

No, I am afraid of jargon?


'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Offline

#68 2015-03-16 17:47:05

bobbym
bumpkin
From: Bumpkinland
Registered: 2009-04-12
Posts: 108,752

Re: Is it any pseudo pattern gives prime number in proper range?

Not jargon it is.


In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

Offline

#69 2015-03-16 19:36:50

satwnz
Member
Registered: 2011-08-13
Posts: 14

Re: Is it any pseudo pattern gives prime number in proper range?

Agnishom wrote:

We have many number theorists here...

Is 9831655609 prime?

9831655609 ( MOD 30)=19 PRIME smile


IF there is problem there is solution

Offline

#70 2015-03-16 19:57:37

Agnishom
Real Member
From: Riemann Sphere
Registered: 2011-01-29
Posts: 24,650
Website

Re: Is it any pseudo pattern gives prime number in proper range?

Very good.

I suppose 49 is prime too, by the same logic?


'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Offline

#71 2015-03-17 17:32:13

satwnz
Member
Registered: 2011-08-13
Posts: 14

Re: Is it any pseudo pattern gives prime number in proper range?

Agnishom wrote:

Very good.

I suppose 49 is prime too, by the same logic?

No dear How you have calcluted can u explain...you have made mistake.:cool


IF there is problem there is solution

Offline

#72 2015-03-17 18:54:37

satwnz
Member
Registered: 2011-08-13
Posts: 14

Re: Is it any pseudo pattern gives prime number in proper range?

satwnz wrote:
Agnishom wrote:

Very good.

I suppose 49 is prime too, by the same logic?

No dear How you have calcluted can u explain...you have made mistake.:cool

take example of consecutive prime there mod with 30,210,2310 will give prime in range .Range is given in table.

consecutive prime     MOD 30 (5 < prime< 25 )     MOD 210 ( 7 < prime < 49 )    Mod 2310 (11<  pprime  < 121 )
                    2,333    23    23    23
                    2,339    29    29    29
                    2,341    1    31    31
                    2,347    7    37    37
                     2,351    11    41    41
                     2,357    17    47    47
                     2,371    1    61    61
                      2,377    7    67    67
                     2,381    11    71    71
                      2,383    13    73    73
                     2,389    19    79    79
                      2,393    23    83    83
                       2,399    29    89    89
                    2,411    11    101    101
                    2,417    17    107    107
                     2,423    23    113    113
                      2,437    7    127    127
                       2,441    11    131    131
                      2,447    17    137    137

now ok, if we have big prime we can find out smaller one.
in general big primes yeilds smaller one........:d


IF there is problem there is solution

Offline

#73 2017-03-19 19:55:59

satwnz
Member
Registered: 2011-08-13
Posts: 14

Re: Is it any pseudo pattern gives prime number in proper range?

Hi,

Wants some suggestion on

If mod(Prime B ,Pn*)>1 then result will be Small Prime A in proper Range.
                     
where Pn* is multiplication of all prime number less the nth prime number Ex 6,30,210,2310,30030,510510,9699690,….Pn*.                                                                                                                       Prime B>Pn*                                                                         
Range of Prime B                                                               
3*=6 gives  prime  3>=p<9
5*=30 gives  prime  5>=p<=25
7*=210 gives  prime  7>=p<=49
11*=2310 gives prime  11>=p<=121
.
.
.
.
Pn*=...gives prime  Pn*>=p<=(Pn)^2   

Ex
6 gives  prime  3>=p<9
Mod (23,6)=    5 ; Mod (29,6)=    5 ;

30 gives prime  5>=p<=25
Mod(157,30)=7: Mod(163,30)=13: Mod(167,30)=17; Mod(173,30)=23

210 gives prime  7>=p<=49
Mod(223,210)=13; Mod(227,210)=17; Mod(229,210)=19; Mod(233,210)=23; Mod(239,210)=29;Mod(241,210)=31; Mod(251,210)=41


IF there is problem there is solution

Offline

#74 2017-03-24 15:51:33

mr.wong
Member
Registered: 2015-12-01
Posts: 230

Re: Is it any pseudo pattern gives prime number in proper range?

Hi  satwnz ,

I  suggest  you  to  read  through  my  thread  "  An  algorithm  to  generate  primes " .
You  will  find  our  similarity  and  difference .

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB