Math Is Fun Forum
  Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ π -

Login

Username

Password

Not registered yet?

#1 2013-11-27 01:41:29

Agnishom
Real Member
Award: Wink Sherlock

Star Wars ASCII film

Just type this into a terminal or a command prompt

Code:

telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl

'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
'Who are you to judge everything?' -Alokananda

#2 2014-01-19 00:22:50

yazz
Power Member

Re: Star Wars ASCII film

wow...amazing..power of ascii..

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a
fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad tongue.

#3 2014-01-19 16:40:33

Agnishom
Real Member

see this one too: www.ascii-art-007.appspot.com

'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'

#4 2014-01-30 13:24:03

Mcbattle
Novice

Yeah, I remember finding that in I think 2008 I'm just glad someone finally has the sense to not call it an easter egg and recognize it as a domain. It's pretty cool though still. I did some looking through the records on the domain and apparently its been up since 16/2/2001.

#5 2014-01-30 14:12:10

Agnishom
Real Member

Have you watched the whole of it? Who said it is an easter egg?

#6 2014-01-31 07:58:32

Mcbattle
Novice

A lot of people believe it to be a feature in the telnet client for Windows. Most of the time I have heard it brought up in chat rooms it is regarded as an easter egg for some odd reason.

Board footer