Math Is Fun Forum
  Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#26 2014-10-27 06:32:57

Agnishom
Real Member
From: Riemann Sphere
Registered: 2011-01-29
Posts: 24,442
Website

Re: Bible Study

You should not even allow her to speak. She should obey everything you say. Check Timothy, Chapter 2!


'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Offline

#27 2014-10-27 06:36:17

bobbym
Administrator
From: Bumpkinland
Registered: 2009-04-12
Posts: 107,190

Re: Bible Study

That is in the churches, I have never found any way to silence them in the world. But I do have a good answer, I babble and blather too.


In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

Offline

#28 2014-10-27 06:40:26

Agnishom
Real Member
From: Riemann Sphere
Registered: 2011-01-29
Posts: 24,442
Website

Re: Bible Study

No, that is for everywhere. Eve did the mistake and not Adam. Hence, Adam should always deal with Eve and what a good logic!


'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Offline

#29 2014-10-27 09:39:54

David
Member
From: Bumpkinland
Registered: 2014-04-23
Posts: 3,118

Re: Bible Study

I am sorry if I caused you all to argue because of this thread.


I wish I was in Dixie, Hooray! Hooray!...
"Non tutte le ciambelle riescono col buco.”

Offline

#30 2014-10-27 10:41:19

bobbym
Administrator
From: Bumpkinland
Registered: 2009-04-12
Posts: 107,190

Re: Bible Study

No problem, it is all over.


In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

Offline

#31 2014-10-27 12:05:18

Agnishom
Real Member
From: Riemann Sphere
Registered: 2011-01-29
Posts: 24,442
Website

Re: Bible Study

Chris2 wrote:

I am sorry if I caused you all to argue because of this thread.

It is not your fault, Chris. I am glad that you like the Bible

Do not worry, Chris. Enlightnment will come to you some day.


'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Offline

#32 2014-10-27 12:23:23

bobbym
Administrator
From: Bumpkinland
Registered: 2009-04-12
Posts: 107,190

Re: Bible Study

And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.


In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

Offline

#33 2014-10-28 22:33:51

David
Member
From: Bumpkinland
Registered: 2014-04-23
Posts: 3,118

Re: Bible Study

Psalms 18:6
In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, [even] into his ears.


I wish I was in Dixie, Hooray! Hooray!...
"Non tutte le ciambelle riescono col buco.”

Offline

#34 2014-10-29 04:06:25

bobbym
Administrator
From: Bumpkinland
Registered: 2009-04-12
Posts: 107,190

Re: Bible Study

And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.


In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

Offline

#35 2014-12-11 19:20:56

Agnishom
Real Member
From: Riemann Sphere
Registered: 2011-01-29
Posts: 24,442
Website

Re: Bible Study

John 6:53
Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. 54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. 56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.


'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Offline

#36 2014-12-11 20:31:10

David
Member
From: Bumpkinland
Registered: 2014-04-23
Posts: 3,118

Re: Bible Study

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.


I wish I was in Dixie, Hooray! Hooray!...
"Non tutte le ciambelle riescono col buco.”

Offline

#37 2015-04-13 21:38:45

math9maniac
Member
From: Tema
Registered: 2015-03-30
Posts: 373

Re: Bible Study

Revelation 21:4
And [God] will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more. Neither will mourning nor pain nor outcry be anymore. The former things have passed away.

Psalm 37:29
The righteous will possess the earth, and they will live forever on it.

Isaiah 25:8
He will swallow up death forever.

1 Corinthians 15:26
And the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing.

Psalm 72:16
There will be an abundance of grain on the earth.

Interesting prospects of life. Aren't these?


Only a friend tells you your face is dirty.

Offline

#38 2015-04-13 22:54:50

bobbym
Administrator
From: Bumpkinland
Registered: 2009-04-12
Posts: 107,190

Re: Bible Study

And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.


In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

Offline

#39 2015-04-14 04:08:21

David
Member
From: Bumpkinland
Registered: 2014-04-23
Posts: 3,118

Re: Bible Study

I can't describe what happened to me today! I started singing the rosary in a very high pitch and my whole body is tingling.


I wish I was in Dixie, Hooray! Hooray!...
"Non tutte le ciambelle riescono col buco.”

Offline

#40 2015-04-14 04:17:48

David
Member
From: Bumpkinland
Registered: 2014-04-23
Posts: 3,118

Re: Bible Study

The Gospel According to Matthew
Mathew, Chapter 1 & 2.
Talks about Jesus fulfilling prophecy.
Jesus is born in the line of King David –Matthew 1:6
Jesus is born of a virgin –Matthew 1:23
Joseph, Mary and Jesus escape to Egypt –Matthew 1:13
Jesus is called a Nazorean –Matthew 1:23 
The Proclamation of John the Baptist
John was a witness to the light of the world(Jesus), John is Jesus’s cousin(Elizabeth’s Son). 
Tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire –Matthew 3:10
John baptized with water, Jesus will baptize with the Holy Spirit and fire. –Matthew 3:11
“His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor and will gather his wheat into the granary; but the chaff he will burn with unquenchable fire” –Matthew 2:12
The baptism of Jesus
Jesus too was baptized, the Father is pleased –Matthew 3:13-17
The Temptation of Jesus
Since Jesus is fully human and fully divine, he too was temped but did not fall into the trap of the devil. Matthew 4:1-11
One does not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.
Do not put the Lord your God into the test.
Worship the Lord your God, and serve only him.
Jesus begins his Ministry in Galilee
Jesus fulfills even more prophecy. –Matthew 4:15-16
Jesus Calls the First Disciples
Simon Peter and Andrew, Jesus made them the fisher of men –Matthew 4:19
Jesus Ministers to Crowds of People
Jesus proclaimed the good news and cured and healed many. –Matthew 4:23-25
The Beatitudes
Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. –Matthew 5:3
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. –Matthew 5:4
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. –Matthew 5:5
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for
Blessed are the merciful, for they will receive mercy. –Matthew 5:6
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will receive mercy. –Matthew 5:6
Blessed are the pure in spirit, for they will see God. –Matthew 5:7
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. –Matthew 5:8
Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’s sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. –Matthew 5:9
Blessed are you when people revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Love for Enemies
You have heard that it was said, “You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.” But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be children of your Father in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. For it you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet only your brothers and sisters, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Matthew 5:43-48

Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.
For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and one’s foes will be members of one’s own household.
Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. Those who find their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake will find it.
Matthew 10:34-39

to be continued


I wish I was in Dixie, Hooray! Hooray!...
"Non tutte le ciambelle riescono col buco.”

Offline

#41 2015-04-14 10:32:57

bobbym
Administrator
From: Bumpkinland
Registered: 2009-04-12
Posts: 107,190

Re: Bible Study

And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.


In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

Offline

#42 2015-04-14 21:05:30

Olinguito
Member
Registered: 2014-08-12
Posts: 649

Re: Bible Study

Variation on I Timothy 6:10.

  • a4cab7f235449bbdca7cc835c4034f94.jpg


Bassaricyon neblina

Offline

#43 2015-04-14 21:36:57

bobbym
Administrator
From: Bumpkinland
Registered: 2009-04-12
Posts: 107,190

Re: Bible Study

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.


In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

Offline

#44 2015-05-23 13:34:31

Agnishom
Real Member
From: Riemann Sphere
Registered: 2011-01-29
Posts: 24,442
Website

Re: Bible Study

Does the Bible recommend us to sell everything?


'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Offline

#45 2015-05-23 13:51:17

bobbym
Administrator
From: Bumpkinland
Registered: 2009-04-12
Posts: 107,190

Re: Bible Study

I do not think so.


In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

Offline

#46 2015-05-23 14:18:17

David
Member
From: Bumpkinland
Registered: 2014-04-23
Posts: 3,118

Re: Bible Study

Agnishom wrote:

Does the Bible recommend us to sell everything?

Sell everything and give it to the poor.


I wish I was in Dixie, Hooray! Hooray!...
"Non tutte le ciambelle riescono col buco.”

Offline

#47 2015-05-23 14:47:04

bobbym
Administrator
From: Bumpkinland
Registered: 2009-04-12
Posts: 107,190

Re: Bible Study

Yes, that us what I meant. But still you can have some for yourself too.


In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

Offline

#48 2015-05-23 15:21:52

David
Member
From: Bumpkinland
Registered: 2014-04-23
Posts: 3,118

Re: Bible Study

By the time you sold everything and give to the poor, you will be rich also.


I wish I was in Dixie, Hooray! Hooray!...
"Non tutte le ciambelle riescono col buco.”

Offline

#49 2015-05-23 15:55:39

Agnishom
Real Member
From: Riemann Sphere
Registered: 2011-01-29
Posts: 24,442
Website

Re: Bible Study

David wrote:
Agnishom wrote:

Does the Bible recommend us to sell everything?

Sell everything and give it to the poor.

But then I would become poor and then they would have to sell back..


'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Offline

#50 2015-05-23 15:56:46

Agnishom
Real Member
From: Riemann Sphere
Registered: 2011-01-29
Posts: 24,442
Website

Re: Bible Study

David wrote:

By the time you sold everything and give to the poor, you will be rich also.

Oh right, but I am going to have to dpend a lot of time on eBay


'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB