Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-02 23:24:06

iamaditya

Maths Books

Can anyone suggest me some excellent extremely hard maths exercise books please.

Practice makes a man perfect.
There is no substitute to hard work
All of us do not have equal talents but everybody has equal oppurtunities to build their talents.-APJ Abdul Kalam

#2 2016-12-02 23:27:05

bobbym
bumpkin

Re: Maths Books

In what fields? What type of math are you interested in and like?

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#3 2016-12-03 22:05:37

iamaditya

I'm interested in Arithmetic, Geometry, Graphs, Algebra and so on. I do not know much about calculus as you know I'm just in class 8 now.

All of us do not have equal talents but everybody has equal oppurtunities to build their talents.-APJ Abdul Kalam

#4 2016-12-03 22:11:13

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi;

Just so I know what your aptitudes and capabilities are, I will ask a question. Do you know what Geogebra is?

#5 2016-12-03 22:39:50

iamaditya

Nope

#6 2016-12-04 00:11:53

bobbym
bumpkin

Okay, have you seen Mathopolis?

http://www.mathopolis.com/questions/index.php

Can you do those?

#7 2016-12-04 23:38:30

iamaditya

90% of them I can do

#8 2016-12-04 23:41:34

bobbym
bumpkin

Hmmm, how about ganesh problems?

#9 2016-12-05 22:26:15

iamaditya

Those of my lvl I can do very well others such as questions on trigonometry and those which are not of my lvl I cannot do that. Some others like "interesting information..." needs just a calculator to solve all problems in seconds. Some I think I can do but I (most probably by mistakenly) looked at those answers below and therefore couldn't solve.
Otherwise if finally it is asked how about those questions then I would say "good".

#10 2016-12-06 00:50:03

bobbym
bumpkin

I only point them out because they are excellent for keeping in shape. I do them.

#11 2017-02-24 22:20:54

iamaditya

iamaditya wrote:

Can anyone suggest me some excellent extremely hard maths exercise books please.

Hey, I,ve found a book named BMA'S Talent Hunt Maths which has very difficult problems. Even our fiitjee's maths problems are not as difficult as that. I dont know whether it is available outside the indian subcontinent or not but it is an outstanding book for maths. A must buy book for iit aspirants

#12 2017-02-24 22:58:56

bobbym
bumpkin

BMA's Talent & Olympiad Exams Resource Book for Class - 2 (Maths)? Is that the title?

#13 2017-02-28 02:13:52

iamaditya

bobbym wrote:

BMA's Talent & Olympiad Exams Resource Book for Class - 2 (Maths)? Is that the title?

Why Class 2. And this book is not available for class 2. It is only available for classes 6 to 10. And this is another book. It is also of BMA's but i dont know whether the book is good or not, since i've not used it. I had seen it in one of my friend's house where i used to go to take tuitions(that was long back when i studied in class 5 and 6 before i joined fiitjee). It is a good book and the thing is that it contains only Objective type questions (MCQs) and around 50 are there for each chapter. They have not explained the chapter there but only give questions. I'm talking about the book:"BMA IIT FOUNDATION AND EXPLORER CLASS --".
"--"refers to the class for which you want the book. I think you live in England and i think the book would not be available there.

#14 2017-02-28 02:40:42

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi;

It might be online and nope, I do not live in England.

#15 2017-03-02 20:47:58

iamaditya

Yeah it is available online. You can search it in amazon or flipkart it will be available there. Are you an Indian?

#16 2017-03-02 21:11:41

Bob
Administrator

The species for Yoda is not known.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yoda's_species/Legends

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

#17 2017-03-02 23:33:00

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi;

Most think that the exact classification is deliberately shrouded to prevent people from realizing that he is definitely reptilian. But pappym used to say to me, "seek, and ye shall find."

Are you an Indian?

Some believe I am, of course this can be proven false.

http://www.mathisfunforum.com/viewtopic.php?id=20886

I was born in a real mudhole, a stink pit of human squalor deep in the northern USA in the land called Brooklyn. Most of my classmates were dead before they were 20 years old. I myself, was wounded severely when a bunch of reppies attacked me in the battle for Brooklyn. My profile on another forum speaks of that grim day.

I am the bumpkin who took a mortar shell to the head in the battle for Brooklyn. I was told that about 5 ounces of grey epoxy type matter drooled out of my skull and pigeons were skating around in it. They siphoned up the grey epoxy type goo from the asphalt, cleaned out the pigeon parts and poured it back in there. You can see in my photo exactly where my head was opened up. Although I suvived, they could not guarantee that all the feathers and such were removed during the siphoning.

#18 2017-03-03 03:30:52

iamaditya

bobbym wrote:

Hi;

Most think that the exact classification is deliberately shrouded to prevent people from realizing that he is definitely reptilian. But pappym used to say to me, "seek, and ye shall find."

Are you an Indian?

Some believe I am, of course this can be proven false.

http://www.mathisfunforum.com/viewtopic.php?id=20886

I was born in a real mudhole, a stink pit of human squalor deep in the northern USA in the land called Brooklyn. Most of my classmates were dead before they were 20 years old. I myself, was wounded severely when a bunch of reppies attacked me in the battle for Brooklyn. My profile on another forum speaks of that grim day.

I am the bumpkin who took a mortar shell to the head in the battle for Brooklyn. I was told that about 5 ounces of grey epoxy type matter drooled out of my skull and pigeons were skating around in it. They siphoned up the grey epoxy type goo from the asphalt, cleaned out the pigeon parts and poured it back in there. You can see in my photo exactly where my head was opened up. Although I suvived, they could not guarantee that all the feathers and such were removed during the siphoning.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
It is clear; Agnishom is from Tamil Nadu which is in India and he also told that you are his maths teacher in school so it is clear you are(though you have written that you were born in Brooklyn in New York). Aap Mujhe ullu ithni aasaani se nahi banaa sakte aur agar aap indian hain toh aapko hindi tho zarroor aata hi hoga aur aap samajh bhi sakte hain ki main kya likha hun.

#19 2017-03-03 03:39:18

bobbym
bumpkin

Hmmm, his math teacher is a bit on the pudgy side, while I am not.  I currently reside in Florida which is thousands of miles away from India.

#20 2017-03-03 03:43:47

iamaditya

Oh is it

#21 2017-03-03 03:47:16

bobbym
bumpkin

Yes, it is sub-tropical here. I do not know exactly what that means. If it means lots of forests, swamps and alligators, then I do understand what it means. We do have some crocodiles here  but they are further south of me ( about 200 miles ).

#22 2017-03-03 03:49:55

iamaditya

Florida is the southeasternmost U.S. state, with the Atlantic on one side and the Gulf of Mexico on the other. It has hundreds of miles of beaches. The city of Miami is known for its Latin-American cultural influences and notable arts scene, as well as its nightlife, especially in upscale South Beach. Orlando is famed for theme parks, including Walt Disney World.

#23 2017-03-03 03:56:54

bobbym
bumpkin

I have driven through Miami and liked it very much. I did not care for Orlando even though it was beautiful and the people were friendly.

I prefer the natural part of Florida, the part where there is less or no people.

#24 2017-03-04 01:46:13

iamaditya

Here's the link for the book available online in amazon(.com):
https://www.amazon.com/IIT-Foundation-O … t+explorer

#25 2017-03-04 01:49:27

iamaditya

Note: I have sent you the link for the maths book class 9 if you want any other classes' you can search it in the search box in the home age of the site. It will be available in "All Categories". This book is also available for Physics, Chemistry and biology but I do not know whether they are good or not since i've not used them.

Board footer