Math Is Fun Forum
  Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

Login

Username

Password

Not registered yet?

#476 2011-08-26 20:48:38

anonimnystefy
Real Member

Re: Brain Teasers

hi ganesh

sure,take your time.it took me three hours to answer all of those so i don't expect you to be any quicker.
also,i later noticed the mistake of numbering the problems,so it wil take even longer to recognise which question is which.
i must also warn you that today i will continue solving the unsolved problems from this topic.

The limit operator is just an excuse for doing something you know you can't.
“It's the subject that nobody knows anything about that we can all talk about!” ― Richard Feynman
“Taking a new step, uttering a new word, is what people fear most.” ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Crime and Punishment

#477 2011-08-26 21:50:30

anonimnystefy
Real Member

hi ganesh

here's more.when you have time check if it is correct:

“It's the subject that nobody knows anything about that we can all talk about!” ― Richard Feynman
“Taking a new step, uttering a new word, is what people fear most.” ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Crime and Punishment

#478 2011-12-29 02:29:10

anonimnystefy
Real Member

hi ganesh

could you check the solutions i posted?

#479 2012-02-26 11:51:20

anonimnystefy
Real Member

Hi ganesh

Anything on these yet?

#480 2012-02-28 00:06:50

ganesh

Hi anonimnystefy,

The solutions #230, #248, #249, #252 are correct. Excellent!

I shall more problems soon.

Character is who you are when no one is looking.

#481 2012-02-28 00:35:39

anonimnystefy
Real Member

Thanks ganesh!

These waited a long time to be checked. I'm glad you finally did it. But take your time!

#482 2012-04-03 00:45:37

puncho1
Novice

ganesh wrote:

#318. There are ten delegates representing five companies, equally. In how many ways can a group of four be selected and arranged such that there is not more than one representative belonging to the same company?

#318. A box contains 12 items and four are chosen at random from it and inspected. The box is rejected if more than one item is found to be faulty. Given that there are 3 faulty items in the box, find the probability of the box being accepted.

#483 2012-04-03 00:47:34

puncho1
Novice

please help with the ans. for #318

Board footer