Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2005-07-15 04:17:15

biccy

Maths-Whizz - Brilliant resource

Maths-Whizz Teachers' Resource is possibly the best resource on the market.  The animated exercises keep children AND teachers interested.  It can be used for whole class teaching / small groups / individual use, and looks great when used with an interactive whiteboard.

There is also a version for kids to use at home.  www.maths-whizz.com

#2 2005-07-15 10:51:24

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Re: Maths-Whizz - Brilliant resource

All I see is a registration page, and I don't want to register without knowing more about what might happen.

On THIS website (Maths Is Fun), registration is optional.

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#3 2005-07-15 17:39:16

mathsyperson

It sends you to a page giving lots of reasons why it is such a useful resource, then spoils it all by saying
"All this for ONLY £27.50 a month!"

Why did the vector cross the road?
It wanted to be normal.

#4 2005-07-15 21:28:12

Roraborealis

Woah.....and who would actually pay that? I get less pocket money than that a month!!!

School is practice for the future. Practice makes perfect. But - nobody's perfect, so why practice?

#5 2005-07-15 21:57:08

justlookingforthemoment

It's for rich people who don't need to go to school. They just pay for the software.

#6 2005-07-22 22:06:40

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

mathematics is for all of us,
the poorer are always trhe better,
my Guru is Niels Henrik Abel, born in Norway smile

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#7 2005-08-08 01:36:36

biccy

If you register (which is free) you can do a FREE assessment.  It gives you a report that shows you how good you are in 14 different maths topics.

It does everything a private tutor does, but is SO much cheaper!  smile

#8 2009-09-30 03:41:32

maneshWhizz

Maths-Whizz Tutoring PLUS is simply the best alternative to a real life personal tutor. The prices have been significantly reduced to £14.99 per month or £99 annually. Check it out at www.whizz.com.

Maths-Whizz Teachers Resource is in the process of being made online, this resource is used by thousands of schools worldwide and the inclusion of an online service will be a very influential factor in other schools adopting the service, im sure you must agree...?  We want to try and make this product as reliable as possible and with feedback from fellow teachers we would like your help to debug our latest release..

If you are interested in doing some beta testing for us, then please contact me via email manesh.mistry@whizzeducation.com.. We will make it worth your while for yourself and your school.

Many thanks for taking your time in reading this post.

Board footer