Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-21 05:59:26

soroban

B.S. Bingo

. .

. . .

. . . . . . . . . .

#2 2009-08-21 11:12:56

bobbym
bumpkin

Re: B.S. Bingo

Hi soroban;

I use the method of sleeping while nodding your head and with eyes open.

You also left out a fourth result.
You will have much more free time now that you are terminated.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#3 2009-08-21 11:55:08

phrontister
Real Member

They're good! smile

I also reckon that before anyone gets to X-out the first 5 words listed there they'd have Xed-out a full 5-by-5 grid just filled with "in terms of"...a good escape clause by which one can avoid having to think about how to properly phrase their exact intention.

Good for politicians, media presenters, lecturers...and such-like, etc, and so forth, and so fifth.

"The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do." - Ted Nelson

#4 2009-08-21 12:18:07

MathsIsFun
Administrator

There are sooooo many meetings I would have loved to do that in!

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#5 2009-08-22 15:04:58

Tigeree

Hmm.... That gives me an idea....

People don't notice whether it's winter or summer when they're happy.
~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#6 2019-12-22 20:14:52

Monox D. I-Fly

What does the "B.S." stand for? Bovine Secretion?

Actually I never watch Star Wars and not interested in it anyway, but I choose a Yoda card as my avatar in honor of our great friend bobbym who has passed away.
May his adventurous soul rest in peace at heaven.

#7 2019-12-22 20:50:29

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Monox D. I-Fly wrote:

What does the "B.S." stand for? Bovine Secretion?

Buzzword bingo, also known another name eight-letter word (b*******), is a bingo-style game where participants prepare bingo cards with buzzwords and tick them off when they are uttered during an event, such as a meeting or speech. The goal of the game is to tick off a predetermined number of words in a row and then signal bingo to other players.

Buzzword bingo is generally played in situations where audience members feel that the speaker is relying too heavily on buzzwords or jargon rather than providing relevant details or clarity. Business meetings led by guest speakers or notable company personalities from higher up the pay scale are often viewed as a good opportunity for buzzword bingo, as the language used by these speakers often includes predictable references to arcane business concepts, which are perfect for use in the creation of buzzword bingo cards.

Turkey bingo requires the winner to ask a question or make a statement using his/her winning bingo words, thus signaling the win to insiders while ideally prompting the speaker to respond as if the question or statement were real. An alternate variation requires the person who has achieved bingo to raise his or her hand and use the word "Bingo" within the context of a comment or question. Other versions of the game require actually yelling "Bingo!" To avoid the reprimands that would likely result from doing so, participants may resort to looking at one another and silently mouthing the word "Bingo" instead.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#8 2019-12-23 14:25:40

Monox D. I-Fly

ganesh wrote:

Buzzword bingo is generally played in situations where audience members feel that the speaker is relying too heavily on buzzwords or jargon rather than providing relevant details or clarity. Business meetings led by guest speakers or notable company personalities from higher up the pay scale are often viewed as a good opportunity for buzzword bingo, as the language used by these speakers often includes predictable references to arcane business concepts, which are perfect for use in the creation of buzzword bingo cards.

It's similar to a drinking game, then.

Actually I never watch Star Wars and not interested in it anyway, but I choose a Yoda card as my avatar in honor of our great friend bobbym who has passed away.
May his adventurous soul rest in peace at heaven.

#9 2019-12-23 15:30:32

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Monox D. I-Fly wrote:
ganesh wrote:

It's similar to a drinking game, then.

I don't know!

(drinking game : a game or contest involving the consumption of alcoholic drinks, typically as a penalty or in response to a specified cue or prompt.)

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer