Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-07 12:49:24

ShivamS

Just a thought... explanations?

It is just my thought, but if MathsIsFun has some time, maybe he should consider adding a few more explanations to the pages? I think they are extremely good so far but they appear to me (a little bit) as a reference. For example, on http://www.mathsisfun.com/sets/function-transformations.html   maybe write a few lines explaining why they work in such a way.

caveat: I am in no way saying I dislike the pages. I think they are the best set of resources on the internet regarding middle and high school maths. I just thought of this and decided to suggest it.

#2 2014-04-07 19:17:05

Bob
Administrator

Re: Just a thought... explanations?

hi ShivamS

When MIF publishes a new page he invites comments and will add fresh ideas when they are offered.  So why not be more specific by actually suggesting some additions yourself. 

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

#3 2014-04-08 07:49:39

ShivamS

Okay, thanks.

#4 2014-04-08 14:08:38

MathsIsFun
Administrator

I certainly do welcome fresh ideas!

Feel free to suggest text or images that could be included.

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

Board footer