Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-05-03 02:34:59

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

Am I in danger?

I was photocopying a document into two copies - one for me and one for some other person. I accidentally put my thumb in the photocopier and both copies of the document have my fingerprint now. Is it dangerous to hand out this document to that person now?

'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

#2 2014-05-03 02:40:22

bobbym
bumpkin

Re: Am I in danger?

Danger from whom? The recipient? Is he/she a normal person? Most likely your fingerprints and DNA are already in a database somewhere so the [comment removed].

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#3 2014-05-03 02:42:11

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

What is a normal person?

'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'

#4 2014-05-03 02:46:33

bobbym
bumpkin

Colonel Jessup:I thought he might be in danger...

Tom Cruise:Grave danger?

Colonel Jessup:[sneering] Is there any other kind?

Agnishom wrote:

What is a normal person?

I define it like this:

Would you let this person have access to your machine? If you said yes, then the person is normal. If you said "heck no," then the person is not.

Here is the Hollywood scenario. You give this person the document. He/she immediately goes home and rips off the latex face they are wearing and lo and behold it is Ethan Hunt ( played by Tom Cruise ). He takes the photocopy and carefully copies your fingerprint into the latex machine. In 10 minutes he has a thin latex duplicate of your fingerprints. He sticks your fingerprints with a cellular glue on top of his own. The music begins to play ( the Mission Impossible theme of course ), the drama increases, he is now you! The audience is transfixed. Wherever he goes, you go. Whatever nefarious deeds he does you do...

Eventually his actions draw the attention of Interpol, they hunt him down using fingerprints he has left everywhere, your fingerprints. They come for you. You proclaim your innocence, they do not believe you. You tell them you are an immobile computer. You show them the 2 TB HD that is strapped to your head. They still do not believe you. You bolt out of the room with 50 agents firing at you. But you are too fast for bullets, you evade them all, hiding under a bridge until morning and then you begin the search. The search to prove your innocence and maybe even find the one armed man.

#5 2014-05-03 03:54:06

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

Is that a latex face?

An immobile computer is too fast for bullets? Sounds confusing.

I can let her access my machine because I do not think she knows enough to handle a linux machine or knows enough math to crack my protected data.

#6 2014-05-03 07:19:26

bobbym
bumpkin

Then I would say she i normal.

#7 2014-05-03 12:02:26

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

Is Oppa normal?

#8 2014-05-03 14:25:06

bobbym
bumpkin

If she fits the criterion then I would say yes.

Board footer