Math Is Fun Forum
  Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-02 00:51:12

ganesh

One Liners

The only time incorrectly isn’t spelled incorrectly is when it’s spelled incorrectly.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Sleep is my drug….my bed is my dealer….and my alarm clock is the police.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

If I’ve told you once, I’ve told you a million times don’t exaggerate!

Today a man knocked on my door and asked for a small donation towards the local swimming pool. I gave him a glass of water.

What if there were no hypothetical situations?

If an anonymous comment goes unread, is it…

Every novel is a mystery novel if you never…

I can still remember a time when I knew more than…

Where are Average Things Manufactured?  The satisfactory.

I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

If you think nobody cares if you’re alive, try missing a couple of payments.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

It is no good to try to stop knowledge from going forward. Ignorance is never better than knowledge - Enrico Fermi. 

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#2 2015-03-02 10:21:26

bobbym
bumpkin

Re: One Liners

Hi;

The last one was my Mom's favorite.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#3 2015-03-02 12:38:14

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

It is not a joke.

'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

#4 2015-03-02 12:39:38

bobbym
bumpkin

But it is a one-liner.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#5 2015-03-02 12:54:17

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

The same with the last post.

'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

#6 2015-03-03 01:15:56

ganesh

Some cause happiness wherever they go. Others whenever they go.

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

War does not determine who is right – only who is left.

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia: Fear of long words.

The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.

I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted paychecks.

Plan to be spontaneous – tomorrow.

A computer program will always do what you tell it to, and seldom what you want it to.

Laugh at your problems, everybody else does.

My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.

It is no good to try to stop knowledge from going forward. Ignorance is never better than knowledge - Enrico Fermi. 

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#7 2015-03-28 08:01:52

Olinguito

San Andreas should be blamed for all the earthquake activity in California because it's his fault.

Bassaricyon neblina

Board footer