Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-14 16:33:40

thanhtammongha

Very disturbing info!

So, I assume you guys know about ARBTheEpic? right? well, anyway
He has a twitter profile, named, GeniusIsBack aka A.R.B/
https://twitter.com/geniusisback also, we found him
here
youtube profile.
Intrestingly, he has posted very little posts on other sites,while posting over 500 posts on here.
why??
Also, it proves he's not a robot, but rather an insane man that posts wherever.

The integral of hope is reality.
May bobbym have a wonderful time in the pearly gates of heaven.
He will be sorely missed.

#2 2019-08-14 19:05:40

Monox D. I-Fly

Re: Very disturbing info!

thanhtammongha wrote:

So, I assume you guys know about ARBTheEpic?

Who is that?

Actually I never watch Star Wars and not interested in it anyway, but I choose a Yoda card as my avatar in honor of our great friend bobbym who has passed away.
May his adventurous soul rest in peace at heaven.

#3 2019-08-14 23:30:44

Bob
Administrator

Thanks for the warning.  ARB wasted our time a while back with lots of spam.  Keep watching please and send a report if you see anything amiss.

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

#4 2019-08-15 14:21:27

Monox D. I-Fly

bob bundy wrote:

ARB wasted our time a while back with lots of spam.

Again, who is that?

Actually I never watch Star Wars and not interested in it anyway, but I choose a Yoda card as my avatar in honor of our great friend bobbym who has passed away.

#5 2019-08-15 17:24:21

David

Monox D. I-Fly wrote:
bob bundy wrote:

ARB wasted our time a while back with lots of spam.

Again, who is that?

Our formal resident spammer...

His dominion is an everlasting dominion, Which shall not pass away, And His kingdom the one Which shall not be destroyed.

#6 2019-08-16 08:11:22

zetafunc
Website

Hi all,

This thread is an exact copy of this thread. (As you can see, the poster above simply copied the plaintext from that thread, including the signature. Some of the other links the post contained were also removed, probably because the forum doesn't let you post too many links if you're a new user.) Having googled the topic starter's username, they appear to be a run-of-the-mill bot, registering on multiple forums within the last couple of days and creating one single post, taken from somewhere else on the forum it posted on. This is a common theme for spammers or bots who want to spread their links inconspicuously.

For example, the poster most likely used *that* post because it was created five years ago, at a time which most of us probably wouldn't remember. It therefore becomes a suitable candidate for hiding a link somewhere in, which can attract spammers, or even worse, if accidentally clicked, could cause harm to an unsuspecting victim. No hyperlinks were disguised in this post, thankfully. Sometimes bots also make multiple posts like this before their account gets link-posting privileges, at which point, they can post as much spam as they like until someone stops them. Both of these things happen surprisingly often, and can be quite messy to clean up! Spammers will try all sorts of tricks to get their posts out! One annoying fellow earlier today decided to mix Arabic letters in with the English letters in their username so I could not highlight it as usual in order to ban them.

I won't delete the post or ban them yet (on the slight off-chance they might not have bad intentions), but will keep an eye on them. I think it serves as a useful demonstration of the kinds of threats that our forum can potentially be vulnerable to.

#7 2019-08-18 15:35:36

Monox D. I-Fly

zetafunc wrote:

One annoying fellow earlier today decided to mix Arabic letters in with the English letters in their username so I could not highlight it as usual in order to ban them.

Ah, Arabic letters... They are annoying to highlight 'cause our cursor suddenly changes its orientation...

#8 2019-11-04 17:02:31

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

Oh very interesting!

zetafunc is a moderator now? Cool! Congratulations zetafunc. I trust you would keep up bobbym's ideals.

Interesting to note that the guy on twitter is me.

'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

#9 2019-11-04 18:49:46

Monox D. I-Fly

Agnishom wrote:

I trust you would keep up bobbym's ideals.

I'm waiting for someone to tell us their interesting adventures.

#10 2019-11-05 10:21:58

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

Which adventures?

'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

#11 2019-11-05 14:34:42

Monox D. I-Fly

Didn't bobbym use to tell his adventures in a forest with crocodiles?

Board footer