Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-10 12:57:18

Hannibal lecter

why?

Hi,

I have two questions the last one is more important than the first one

Q1)
why I ask too much? why I can't learn everything with myself without asking someone
how to be smart?

is it bad to be slow ? I'm very slow why ? how to be very fast in learning?

this is my public problem

Q2)
but my private problem is mathematics
if all science is hard to study for 100%
the math is will be hard for me by 500%+!!!!

why math is that hard for me? please help me I want to me a mathematician
why it's hard to read maths books? 
how to learn basic algebra from where to start ?
I feel angry when I keep asking I want to learn math by myself because I don't ask a good questions! I just ask a silly questions for beginners !

do you advice me to leave the math and go to do something else ?

Wisdom is a tree which grows in the heart and fruits on the tongue

#2 2019-09-10 19:34:45

Bob
Administrator

Re: why?

hi Hannibal lecter

You are obviously working hard to learn so don't give up.  There are members who will try to help you.  I worked for 37 years as a teacher of maths.  I was constantly searching for ways to explain something that my students were finding difficult.  Sometimes I had a great success.  One that will always stick in mind was with a class of pupils all of whom were struggling with maths in preparation for the GCSE exam.  I brought in a pack of sweets and used these to illustrate the particular problem.  It worked.  They were able to visualise what was happening and could move sweets about to demonstrate the stages of the problem.  By the time we had finished the lesson they were working at 'C' level, which is a pass in that exam.  Then we ate the sweets!  Great lesson!

The best on-line site for learning maths is the one created by our administrator MathsIsFun.  You'll find it here:

https://www.mathsisfun.com/

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

#3 2019-09-11 14:35:44

Hannibal lecter

thanks a lot

but math is fun site , its subject is not sorted
I mean I used to read a book from first chapter to the end
for example :
chapter 1
chapter 2
... chapter 5 the end

I used to read from the first step to the end
where is the first step of that sire?
I mean I find in Index of MathIsFun a lot of topis
where should I start ? there is not sorted subjects

please help

Wisdom is a tree which grows in the heart and fruits on the tongue

#4 2019-09-11 19:51:22

Bob
Administrator

If you buy a maths book its title will tell you what topics are covered. eg.  Algebra for beginners.

The MIF site is for anybody, at any level, and tries to cover most mathematical topics.  You can dip into any topic freely.  So you'll have to decide where to start.  eg.  If your topic is algebra, click the algebra index link and then have a look at what is covered. If you know some basics, then skip forward to topics you don't yet know.  At the bottom of each page there are a set of test yourself questions so you can find out if you have really understood something.

The site has very good cross linking … so if you read something that is not covered on that page you will be able to click across to the page that explains what you need.

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

Board footer