Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-25 07:29:49

clara951

Math, Reviews about finding areas of Cylinders and Polygons

hi clara951

Welcome back.  I'm glad to have been able to help you.

The forum has recently been switched to a new server and there have been a few hiccups, with some things not working.

The new members process is one such.  It has been sorted now, we hope, so please
try again.

Folk who pay money to CH can access all their worksheets but other cannot I'm afraid.  Maybe you can describe the situation like this: eg.  There's a rectangle I'll call it ABCD.  Joining onto the side AB is a triangle ABE where E is a new point.  Angle AEB looks like it is 90.  etc etc.

Hopefully I'll be able to follow your instructions to make the drawing.  Then I'll post it to check with you that we're talking about the same thing.

I'm going to read what you've said anyway and see if I can figure out what the diagram is. Back soon.

Later edit:  I cannot figure out the shape for the first question.  You'll have to give some more details, and measurements.

For the second I'm wondering if there's a cylinder with a cone joined at one end and a hemisphere at the other.  So they all have the same radius.  Then I'd need to know the length of the cylinder, and the height of the cone.  For a cone it is also necessary to know the slant height in order to calculate the surface area.

So, if that's the correct object you can just tell me all the measurements.

Bob

Hello Bob, I'm posting a new topic since I can't reply to the last one. I'm sorry I had no idea you guys couldn't see my picture. I'll try again. Could you please explain to me how to post a picture here? I'm getting really confused about how to do it.

For the second I'm wondering if there's a cylinder with a cone joined at one end and a hemisphere at the other.  So they all have the same radius.  Then I'd need to know the length of the cylinder, and the height of the cone.  For a cone, it is also necessary to know the slant height in order to calculate the surface area.

By the way, yeah you are right, the image shows exactly what you are thinking. I'll post again when you give me instructions on how to post an image.
Thanks a million!!

#2 2021-04-25 10:54:39

Bob
Administrator

Re: Math, Reviews about finding areas of Cylinders and Polygons

There are sites that will let you upload and store pictures.  Then you point at them in your post.

I use imgur.com

It's free to join and you can 'publish' pictures for everyone to see.  I don't do that.  I upload the picture and then view that image whilst logged in.  Along the side is some code called bbcode.   If you copy and post that line into your post , the forum software will find that image on imgur and display it in your post.

Here's an example

[img]https://i.imgur.com/dPeu971.gif[/img]

dPeu971.gif

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

Board footer