Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-09-06 01:14:49

666 bro

Bounded function

Now I'm entered in university to study maths and statistics and I've started revising calculus again my question to you is
What does the bounded  function means? And please explain with an
Example?

Last edited by 666 bro (2021-09-06 01:15:09)

"An equation for me has no meaning, unless it expresses a thought of God"- Srinivasa ramanujan

#2 2021-09-06 01:52:53

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Re: Bounded function

In mathematics, a function f defined on some set X with real or complex values is called bounded if the set of its values is bounded. In other words, there exists a real number M such that. for all x in X. A function that is not bounded is said to be unbounded.

In mathematics, a function f defined on some set X with real or complex values is called bounded if the set of its values is bounded. In other words, there exists a real number M such that

for all x in X.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer