Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-02-19 22:51:04

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Freedom Quotes

Freedom Quotes

1. Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

2. If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. - George Washington

3. Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

4. Freedom is the recognition of necessity. - Friedrich Engels

5. None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

6. Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. - Pericles

7. Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth. - John F. Kennedy

8. If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom. - Dwight D. Eisenhower

9. Necessity is blind until it becomes conscious. Freedom is the consciousness of necessity. - Karl Marx

10. Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. - Thomas Paine

11. Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves; and under the rule of a just God, cannot long retain it. - Abraham Lincoln

12. The desire of gold is not for gold. It is for the means of freedom and benefit. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

13. Real freedom is having nothing. I was freer when I didn't have a cent. - Mike Tyson

14. The truth is I love being alive. And I love feeling free. So if I can't have those things then I feel like a caged animal and I'd rather not be in a cage. I'd rather be dead. And it's real simple. And I think it's not that uncommon. - Angelina Jolie

15. I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy - but that could change. - Dan Quayle

16. 'Freedom from fear' could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

17. None who have always been free can understand the terrible fascinating power of the hope of freedom to those who are not free. - Pearl S. Buck

18. There is no easy walk to freedom anywhere, and many of us will have to pass through the valley of the shadow of death again and again before we reach the mountaintop of our desires. - Nelson Mandela

19. Freedom of opinion can only exist when the government thinks itself secure. - Bertrand Russell

20. All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope. - Winston Churchill.

Freedom.png

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer