Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-02-23 16:58:09

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Food Quotes

Food Quotes

1. There is no sincerer love than the love of food. - George Bernard Shaw

2. You don't need a silver fork to eat good food. - Paul Prudhomme

3. Part of the secret of a success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside. - Mark Twain

4. Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food. Hippocrates

5. A man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food; therefore, if he eats meat, he participates in taking animal life merely for the sake of his appetite. - Leo Tolstoy

6. I will not eat oysters. I want my food dead. Not sick. Not wounded. Dead. - Woody Allen

7. It's difficult to believe that people are still starving in this country because food isn't available. - Ronald Reagan

8. It's easy to impress me. I don't need a fancy party to be happy. Just good friends, good food, and good laughs. I'm happy. I'm satisfied. I'm content. - Maria Sharapova

9. Saving our planet, lifting people out of poverty, advancing economic growth... these are one and the same fight. We must connect the dots between climate change, water scarcity, energy shortages, global health, food security and women's empowerment. Solutions to one problem must be solutions for all. - Ban Ki-moon

10. No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned... a man in a jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company. - Samuel Johnson

11. And what, Socrates, is the food of the soul? Surely, I said, knowledge is the food of the soul. - Plato

12. Just as food eaten without appetite is a tedious nourishment, so does study without zeal damage the memory by not assimilating what it absorbs. - Leonardo da Vinci

13. Innovations that are guided by smallholder farmers, adapted to local circumstances, and sustainable for the economy and environment will be necessary to ensure food security in the future. - Bill Gates

14. As long as there's pasta and Chinese food in the world, I'm okay. - Michael Chang

15. If music be the food of love, play on. - William Shakespeare

16. Organic food is the best for you, and I'm eating the best, a lot of fresh vegetables. I also keep myself hydrated. It's all made a big difference to my performance in the gym. - Amir Khan

17. I am an extremely adventurous eater and an avid lover of spicy food. - Chunky Pandey

18. A heart can no more be forced to love than a stomach can be forced to digest food by persuasion. - Alfred Nobel

19. Truly, love is delightful and pleasant food, supplying, as it does, rest to the weary, strength to the weak, and joy to the sorrowful. It in fact renders the yoke of truth easy and its burden light. - Saint Bernard

20. Facts are to the mind what food is to the body. - Edmund Burke

21. People want to think that staying in shape costs a lot of money. They couldn't be more wrong. It doesn't cost anything to walk. And it's probably a lot cheaper to go to the corner store and buy vegetables than take a family out for fast food. - Florence Griffith Joyner

22. The future of food security will depend on a combination of the ecological prudence of the past and the technological advances of today. - M. S. Swaminathan

23. I don't like eating outside food at all. I do it only if there is absolutely no choice. Whenever I have a party at home, and even if there are 25 people coming, I make it a point to cook everything at home, and I don't get any stuff from outside. - Nana Patekar

24. I take care of my flowers and my cats. And enjoy food. And that's living. - Ursula Andress

25. I can't say this enough - the food that you put into your bodies can actually help you get better grades. And it can also affect your performance in sports and other activities too. You see, when you give your body the best possible fuel, you have more energy, you're stronger, you think more quickly. - Michelle Obama

26. If a patient is cold, if a patient is feverish, if a patient is faint, if he is sick after taking food, if he has a bed-sore, it is generally the fault not of the disease, but of the nursing. - Florence Nightingale

27. Kolkata is a great city, has great food and great people. We had some problems finding the kind of old buildings we were looking for, and even handling the crowds, but on the whole it was fun shooting there. - Sanjay Dutt

28. We take food for granted, but it isn't a luxury for many people. - Christina Aguilera

29. I have never denied my background or my culture. I have taught my child to embrace her Mexican heritage, to love my first language, Spanish, to learn about Mexican history, music, folk art, food, and even the Mexican candy I grew up with. - Salma Hayek

30. There is no doubt that some plant food, such as oatmeal, is more economical than meat, and superior to it in regard to both mechanical and mental performance. Such food, moreover, taxes our digestive organs decidedly less, and, in making us more contented and sociable, produces an amount of good difficult to estimate. - Nikola Tesla

a4591d01-1c90-4211-a11d-ff6815bebac0.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer