Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-02-25 18:40:10

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Environment Quotes

Environment Quotes

1. The environment is everything that isn't me. - Albert Einstein

2. Moral codes adjust themselves to environmental conditions. - Will Durant

3.We won't have a society if we destroy the environment. - Margaret Mead

4. I have a private plane. But I fly commercial when I go to environmental conferences. - Arnold Schwarzenegger

5. The Chinese have figured out that they have a giant environmental problem. Folks in Beijing, some days, literally can't breathe. Over a million Chinese die prematurely every year because of air pollution. - Joe Biden

6. I think the environmental problem will be the number one item on the agenda of the 21st century... This is a problem that cannot be postponed. - Mikhail Gorbachev

7. I've been active in animal rights and all kinds of environmental stuff and children's charities over the years. - Martina Navratilova

8. Genetic modification is a very powerful tool. But like any powerful tool, when using it, you have to take into account the environmental impact, the food safety aspects and so on. There must be a strong regulatory mechanism. - M. S. Swaminathan

9. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth, environmental protection, improvements in our educational system. - Al Gore

10. I've used the prestige and influence of having been a president of the United States as effectively as possible. And secondly, I've still been able to carry out my commitments to peace and human rights and environmental quality and freedom and democracy and so forth. - Jimmy Carter

nature-4582137_960_720.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#2 2022-07-11 19:24:39

Kreatonus

Re: Environment Quotes

Plastic Pollution is a big problem. Every year, we produce an estimated 260 million tons of plastic, and only 9% is recycled or incinerated for energy use. So, where does the rest of it go? The most common way that plastic ends up in our water is through leaching, which occurs when chemicals from plastic bottles and bags dissolve into the water supply. While many plastics are labeled as "BPA-Free," they are still often made with chemicals that can cause cancer and disrupt hormones if consumed by humans. For me, the best solution would be [admin note: the link here has been removed because it is 'greenwashing'. Unfortunately the claims made about non harm to the environment are only partially true and this is a blatant advert which this forum does not allow. I have put a link to support my case in the next but one post]

Last edited by Kreatonus (2022-07-13 08:26:46)

#3 2022-07-11 22:27:12

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

I think it's true! Planet Earth has to be saved, at all costs!

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#4 2022-07-14 20:54:55

Bob
Administrator

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

Board footer