Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-02-28 21:10:01

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Good Quotes

Good Quotes

1. The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

2. The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

3. There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so. - William Shakespeare

4. Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great. - John D. Rockefeller

5. Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws. - Plato

6. Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do. - Voltaire

7. The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. - Samuel Johnson

8. It takes many good deeds to build a good reputation, and only one bad one to lose it. - Benjamin Franklin

9. The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions. - Chanakya

10. If you can't make it good, at least make it look good. - Bill Gates

11. If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed. - Albert Einstein

12. The more we come out and do good to others, the more our hearts will be purified, and God will be in them. - Swami Vivekananda

13. I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent. - Mahatma Gandhi

14. The chief enemy of creativity is 'good' sense. - Pablo Picasso

15. It is not good to be too free. It is not good to have everything one wants. - Blaise Pascal

16. I can live for two months on a good compliment. - Mark Twain

17. Acorns were good until bread was found. - Francis Bacon

18. The 'good old times' - all times when old are good. - Lord Byron

19. On the whole, human beings want to be good, but not too good, and not quite all the time. - George Orwell

20. It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. From this, happiness in both the short term and the long term for both yourself and others will come. -  Dalai Lama

21. A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. - Theodore Roosevelt

22. The momentous thing in human life is the art of winning the soul to good or evil. - Francis Bacon

23. The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never of any use to oneself. - Oscar Wilde

24. Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress. - Mahatma Gandhi

25. A good indignation brings out all one's powers. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

26. It is the mark of a good action that it appears inevitable in retrospect. - Robert Louis Stevenson

27. Do your little bit of good where you are; it's those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world. - Desmond Tutu

28. One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain. - Bob Marley

29. You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

30. Teaching is a very noble profession that shapes the character, caliber, and future of an individual. If the people remember me as a good teacher, that will be the biggest honour for me. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

31. By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher. - Socrates

32. No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar. - Abraham Lincoln

33. To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear. - Buddha

34. For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone. - Audrey Hepburn

35. It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get. - Confucius

36. The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion. - Thomas Paine

good-logo-660x371.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer