Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-04-09 18:24:51

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Art Quotes

Art Quotes

1. Vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others. - Jonathan Swift

2. The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. - Pablo Picasso

3. The true work of art is but a shadow of the divine perfection. - Michelangelo

4. Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame. - Gilbert K. Chesterton

5. Without tradition, art is a flock of sheep without a shepherd. Without innovation, it is a corpse. - Winston Churchill

6. Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced. - Leo Tolstoy

7. The business of art is to reveal the relation between man and his environment. - D. H. Lawrence

8. Drawing is the honesty of the art. There is no possibility of cheating. It is either good or bad. - Salvador Dali

9. If art is to nourish the roots of our culture, society must set the artist free to follow his vision wherever it takes him. - John F. Kennedy

10. The artist produces for the liberation of his soul. It is his nature to create as it is the nature of water to run down the hill. - W. Somerset Maugham

11. The aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things, but their inward significance. - Aristotle

12. Fine art is that in which the hand, the head, and the heart of man go together. - John Ruskin

13. The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery. - Francis Bacon

14. I never called my work an 'art'. It's part of show business, the business of building entertainment. - Walt Disney

15. I've been called many names like perfectionist, difficult and obsessive. I think it takes obsession, takes searching for the details for any artist to be good. - Barbra Streisand

16. The essence of all art is to have pleasure in giving pleasure. - Dale Carnegie

17. Without art, the crudeness of reality would make the world unbearable. - George Bernard Shaw

18. The highest art is always the most religious, and the greatest artist is always a devout person. - Abraham Lincoln

19. A beautiful body perishes, but a work of art dies not. - Leonardo da Vinci

20. I think you can leave the arts, superior or inferior, to the conscience of mankind. - William Butler Yeats

21. Art, like morality, consists in drawing the line somewhere. - Gilbert K. Chesterton

22. To make us feel small in the right way is a function of art; men can only make us feel small in the wrong way. - E. M. Forster

23. Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed. - Khalil Gibran

24. It is through art, and through art only, that we can realise our perfection. - Oscar Wilde

25. True art is characterized by an irresistible urge in the creative artist. - Albert Einstein

26. Every production of an artist should be the expression of an adventure of his soul. - W. Somerset Maugham

27. Art is man's expression of his joy in labor. - Henry Kissinger

28. The marble not yet carved can hold the form of every thought the greatest artist has. - Michelangelo

29. In art, the hand can never execute anything higher than the heart can imagine. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

30. I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Albert Einstein.

Beautiful-Street-Art-by-No%C3%A9-Two-1.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer