Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-04-25 18:19:23

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Men Quotes

Men Quotes

1. The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions. - Leonardo da Vinci

2. The less men think, the more they talk. - Montesquieu

3. Men are like steel. When they lose their temper, they lose their worth. - Chuck Norris

4. Men must know their limitations. Clint Eastwood

5. Men are more easily governed through their vices than through their virtues. - Napoleon Bonaparte

6. Circumstances rule men; men do not rule circumstances. - Herodotus

7. Do not trust all men, but trust men of worth; the former course is silly, the latter a mark of prudence. - Democritus

8. By nature, men love newfangledness. - Geoffrey Chaucer

9. Man becomes great exactly in the degree in which he works for the welfare of his fellow-men. - Mahatma Gandhi

10. I usually make up my mind about a man in ten seconds, and I very rarely change it. - Margaret Thatcher

11. Man as an individual is a genius. But men in the mass form the headless monster, a great, brutish idiot that goes where prodded. - Charlie Chaplin

12. Men can only be happy when they do not assume that the object of life is happiness. - George Orwell

13. Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. - Charles de Gaulle

14. When two men in business always agree, one of them is unnecessary. - Ezra Pound

15. Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active. - Leonardo da Vinci

16. Women prefer to talk in twos, while men prefer to talk in threes. - Gilbert K. Chesterton

17. Men are freest when they are most unconscious of freedom. The shout is a rattling of chains, always was. - D. H. Lawrence

18. There is no such thing as justice in the abstract; it is merely a compact between men. - Epicurus

19. All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education. - Walter Scott

20. I look only to the good qualities of men. Not being faultless myself, I won't presume to probe into the faults of others. Mahatma Gandhi

21. Women love us for our defects. If we have enough of them, they will forgive us everything, even our gigantic intellects. Oscar Wilde

22. Certainly the best works, and of greatest merit for the public, have proceeded from the unmarried, or childless men. - Francis Bacon

23. One man that has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven't and don't. - George Bernard Shaw

24. Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. - Calvin Coolidge

25. All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts, his acts being seven ages. - William Shakespeare.

reconstruction-Artist-Cro-Magnon-man-Europe.jpg?s=1500x700&q=85

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer