Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-06-25 15:56:47

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Approval and Approve Quotes

Approval and Approve Quotes

1. A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval. - Mark Twain

2. I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man to the thoughtless approval of the masses. - Johannes Kepler

3. If you believe you can make a difference, not just in politics, in public service, in advocacy around all these important issues, then you have to be prepared to accept that you are not going to get 100 percent approval. - Hillary Clinton

4. Eventually you just have to realize that you're living for an audience of one. I'm not here for anyone else's approval. - Pamela Anderson

5. Investors don't like being in a world where everything is held up by and waiting for an approval from a very small number of people. - Abhijit Banerjee

6. He gains everyone's approval who mixes the pleasant with the useful. - Horace

7. I think the acting satisfies the need and desire for approval. - William Shatner

8. Who of us has not had that situation where you've got to wait for approval, and the doctor says, 'Well, I don't know if your insurance company is going to cover this?' Let's eliminate all of that. - Kamala Harris

9. Fortunately, being on TV has led me to have a stylist. I generally pick up what I want to wear, and get my stylist's approval for it. - Sourav Ganguly

10. Approval makes the world go round, even if many of us want to transcend our hunger for it. Faith Salie

11. I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death. - Leonardo da Vinci

12. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear. - Thomas Jefferson

13. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death. - Thomas Paine

14. I know that campaigns can seem small, and even silly. Trivial things become big distractions. Serious issues become sound bites. And the truth gets buried under an avalanche of money and advertising. If you're sick of hearing me approve this message, believe me - so am I. - Barack Obama

15. When a man says he approves of something in principle, it means he hasn't the slightest intention of carrying it out in practice. - Otto von Bismarck

16. Over time, yes, countries will need to look at specific GMO products like they look at drugs today, where they don't approve them all. They look hard at the safety and the testing. And they make sure that the benefits far outweigh any of the downsides. - Bill Gates.

2726544.png

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer