Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-07-21 17:48:53

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Attempt Quotes

Attempt Quotes

1. Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt. - William Shakespeare

2. I could feel his muscle tissues collapse under my force. It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm. - Mike Tyson

3. We simply attempt to be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy only when others are fearful. - Warren Buffett

4. What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything? - Vincent Van Gogh

5. A man watches his pear tree day after day, impatient for the ripening of the fruit. Let him attempt to force the process, and he may spoil both fruit and tree. But let him patiently wait, and the ripe pear at length falls into his lap. - Abraham Lincoln

6. When small men attempt great enterprises, they always end by reducing them to the level of their mediocrity. - Napoleon Bonaparte

7. The attempt to combine wisdom and power has only rarely been successful and then only for a short while. - Albert Einstein

8. The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it, generation after generation. - Pearl S. Buck

9. Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. - Dwight D. Eisenhower

10. Once you attempt legislation upon religious grounds, you open the way for every kind of intolerance and religious persecution. - William Butler Yeats

11. All my pictures are built around the idea of getting in trouble and so giving me the chance to be desperately serious in my attempt to appear as a normal little gentleman. - Charlie Chaplin

12. Beware of endeavoring to become a great man in a hurry. One such attempt in ten thousand may succeed. These are fearful odds. - Benjamin Disraeli

13. Soldiers, I had lately like to have been taken from you by the attempt of a few desperate men, but by the grace and providence of the gods, I am still preserved. - Alexander the Great

14. For a man to strike any women is most brutal, and I, as well as everyone else, think this far worse than any attempt to shoot, which, wicked as it is, is at least more comprehensible and more courageous. - Queen Victoria

15. Glory lies in the attempt to reach one's goal and not in reaching it. - Mahatma Gandhi

16. All of us, in a sense, struggle continuously all the time, because we never get what we want. The important thing which I've really learned is how do you not give up, because you never succeed in the first attempt. - Mukesh Ambani

17. We never dealt with satire or suggestive material. Although some of our films were broad parodies or burlesques of popular dramatic themes, there was no conscious attempt at being either sarcastic or offensive. - Stan Laurel

18. The space shuttle was often used as an example of why you shouldn't even attempt to make something reusable. But one failed experiment does not invalidate the greater goal. If that was the case, we'd never have had the light bulb. - Elon Musk

19. I never attempt to make money on the stock market. I buy on the assumption that they could close the market the next day and not reopen it for five years. - Warren Buffett

20. Where grief is fresh, any attempt to divert it only irritates. - Samuel Johnson

21. It is a great piece of folly to attempt to make anything out of my early life. - Abraham Lincoln

22. I think that most actors, and they're a very strange lot actors, very strange people, but I think that they attempt to keep in touch with the child. - Ben Kingsley

23. It's important that we attempt to extend life beyond Earth now. It is the first time in the four billion-year history of Earth that it's been possible, and that window could be open for a long time - hopefully it is - or it could be open for a short time. We should err on the side of caution and do something now. - Elon Musk

24. Moral authority is never retained by any attempt to hold on to it. It comes without seeking and is retained without effort. - Mahatma Gandhi

25. In England we have come to rely upon a comfortable time-lag of fifty years or a century intervening between the perception that something ought to be done and a serious attempt to do it. - H. G. Wells

26. I think I mainly climb mountains because I get a great deal of enjoyment out of it. I never attempt to analyze these things too thoroughly, but I think that all mountaineers do get a great deal of satisfaction out of overcoming some challenge which they think is very difficult for them, or which perhaps may be a little dangerous. - Edmund Hillary

27. Either do not attempt at all, or go through with it. - Ovid

28. Starting reforms in the Soviet Union was only possible from above, only from above. Any attempt to go from below was suppressed, suppressed in a most resolute way. - Mikhail Gorbachev

29. I think it's better to attempt something and fail than it is to not even attempt it, so I'm glad that I've been prepared to put myself on the line there. - Ian Thorpe

30. I will not attempt to deny the reasonableness and necessity of a party war; but in carrying on that war all principles and rules of justice should not be departed from. - Robert Walpole

31. Life begins at 40. I could attempt writing. Life is taking me into different directions. - Pooja Bhatt

32. I made a series for ITV, just after I retired from Tests in 2009, called 'Flintoff Versus the World.' The idea was that I would attempt a series of extreme sports - rodeo riding, jumping out of aeroplanes, paragliding, cliff diving. I thought, 'Yeah, it looks fun. It's six weeks having a laugh.' - Andrew Flintoff

33. I do a film because at that particular moment, I want to make a film. It is my attempt at moving away from the ordinary. - Gautham Menon

34. Eventually I ran for the board of the WTA, lost my first attempt, got on the board my second attempt, and stayed there through most of my career. - Pam Shriver.

arrows-2889040_960_720.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer