Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-07-22 16:42:04

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Attempting and Attempted Quotes

Attempting and Attempted Quotes

1. Almost every man wastes part of his life attempting to display qualities which he does not possess. - Samuel Johnson

2. Little progress can be made by merely attempting to repress what is evil. Our great hope lies in developing what is good. - Calvin Coolidge

3. Instead of stubbornly attempting to use surrealism for purposes of subversion, it is necessary to try to make of surrealism something as solid, complete and classic as the works of museums. - Salvador Dali

4. Blessed are the people whose leaders can look destiny in the eye without flinching but also without attempting to play God. - Henry Kissinger

5. There is dissatisfaction in all of us. Some of us take out that dissatisfaction by attempting to ruin whatever you are attempting to do. This is a fact of life. - John McAfee

6. The googly and the slider are my favourite type of deliveries, and I love it when batsmen try to cut or sweep me and, while attempting those strokes, get lbw or clean bowled. - Imran Tahir

7. Each morning sees some task begun, each evening sees it close; Something attempted, something done, has earned a night's repose. - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

8. If the Almighty were to rebuild the world and asked me for advice, I would have English Channels round every country. And the atmosphere would be such that anything which attempted to fly would be set on fire. - Winston Churchill

9. Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome. - Samuel Johnson

10. There may sometimes be ungenerous attempts to keep a young man down; and they will succeed, too, if he allows his mind to be diverted from its true channel to brood over the attempted injury. - Abraham Lincoln

11. What is attempted in these film is of course a synthesis. But it can be seen by someone who has his feet in both cultures. Someone who will bring to bear on the films involvement and detachment in equal measure. - Satyajit Ray

12. Something attempted, something done, Has earned a nights repose. - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

13. Cosmologists have attempted to account for the day-to-day laws you find in textbooks in terms of fundamental 'superlaws,' but the superlaws themselves must still be accepted as brute facts. So maybe the ultimate laws of nature will always be off-limits to science. - Paul Davies

14. I think I'm a story-based artiste. So I would opt for the performance-oriented role. I usually go by intuition while choosing a script. Also, I do not analyse my performance, nor do I bother about how my film has been performing at the box office. I personally love challenges and am game for taking up things which I haven't attempted before. - Kajal Aggarwal

15. 'The Piano Lesson' is very sophisticated, easily the most adult or complex material I've attempted. It's the first film I've written that has a proper story, and it was a big struggle for me to write. It meant I had to admit the power of narrative. - Jane Campion

16. The three-peat has never been attempted, ever, and for me, I think it will add to my legendary status. I want to become one of the greatest athletes ever to have competed in any sport, so for me, that's what it means. - Usain Bolt

17. I love to experiment, to push myself, and I want people to accept me in roles that I have never attempted before. - Rishi Kapoor

18. Occasionally, I have written about stories related to crime, but I have never attempted a traditional detective story. So I want to write a true detective story. - Ruskin Bond

19. Nanda and I never discussed work. Our work never came in the way of our friendship. We were both down-to-earth and very Indian. Both of us attempted glamorous roles but soon realised that it's better to play characters that were close to our personalities. - Waheeda Rehman

20. Everything I have done or attempted to do for Scotland has always been for her benefit, never my own and I defy anyone to prove otherwise. - Sean Connery.

milind_soman_ankita_konwar_1656060422968_1656060429266.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer