Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-08-08 17:35:49

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Automatic and Automatically Quotes

Automatic and Automatically Quotes

1. Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable... Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

2. Most people have no concept of how an automatic transmission works, yet they know how to drive a car. You don't have to study physics to understand the laws of motion to drive a car. You don't have to understand any of this stuff to use Macintosh. - Steve Jobs

3. Speaking for myself, art differs from writing in that I never know what I'm going to paint until I paint it, so it's almost like automatic writing. A writer, on the other hand, can't help but know what he's going to write, because the activity demands a degree of premeditation. - William S. Burroughs

4. A computer is a great device because it enables you to do anything which is automatic, anything that you don't need your understanding for. Understanding is outside a computer. It doesn't understand. - Roger Penrose

5. At 16, 17, you have no fear. You don't think or analyze. You just play on automatic. You can get smarter as you get older, but in sports you can be too smart, you know? - Anna Kournikova

6. Music should come from the heart. It should happen. That should be automatic, and if you labour on creating music, it will not have soul. - Ilaiyaraaja

7. Sometimes in cricket nothing is automatic; when automatic fails you need some fuel. - Ravi Shastri

8. My dad used to travel for a long distance from our house for work. I wanted to gift him an automatic car, so that he does not have much stress. I was able to buy it and I was very happy. - Smriti Mandhana

9. If we provide quality education to one generation, poverty will automatically be eradicated from society. - Arvind Kejriwal

10. I'm not possessive, I'm caring... Once you realize a person doesn't want that much care, you automatically back off. - Salman Khan

11. The education I received was a British education, in which British ideas, British culture, British institutions, were automatically assumed to be superior. There was no such thing as African culture. - Nelson Mandela

12. Class does not mean huge possession of money. Mother Teresa was a classy woman. So is Manjula Bhargava, a great mathematician of Indian origin. The concept that you automatically gain class by acquiring money is an outdated thought process. - Sudha Murty

13. Thinking about your role will automatically get you in the frame of mind to get your strategy and game plan right before you step onto that field. - Harbhajan Singh

14. When you accept a role in a pilot, you automatically sign up for five years. You think it's scary to walk down the aisle? Try signing a five-year contract for a show you may not want to be part of down the road. - Jennifer Aniston

15. Mother liked beauty wherever she found it, and she found it in many different places, both in nature and in contemporary art. And that's where they pretty much parted company. Father... anything that was abstract would to him automatically be not very good. - David Rockefeller

16. Once we take care of wellbeing of an athlete then performance will automatically come. - Abhinav Bindra

17. My parents know I was outgoing as a child, and whenever people came over, I'd automatically do impressions of them as soon as they left; it was my mom's favorite thing. Yes, I grew up in Hollywood, but not in any rich neighborhood. - Leonardo DiCaprio

18. Political life is like this - elections go back and forth. Representative democracy can only be successful if one sits down and says, 'That's it. I will connect myself,' - as I did - 'connect my existence to a political project.' Then you automatically have in your party a lot of people who say, 'If that fails, so do I'. - Helmut Kohl

19. A universal cash transfer in the form of a minimum guaranteed income would mean that automatically everyone has something to fall back on without having to deal with the vagaries of their local panchayat. - Abhijit Banerjee

20. I am the son of a freedom fighter, and a son of a freedom fighter automatically imbibes the value of democracy. - Narendra Modi

21. When you are scoring runs, you automatically become a good leader because you are armed with so much confidence. If you struggle with your performance, then it becomes very difficult for a leader to perform his role. - Mohammad Azharuddin

22. I try to hit the ball along the ground, especially against fast bowlers. I also like the bat to come down in the right position and check if my body position is correct. If I'm really watching the ball carefully, then automatically I'm in a good position to hit it down the ground. - Virender Sehwag

23. I didn't realize that winning the Olympics at age 14 automatically put me in the category of being a celebrity. - Nadia Comaneci

24. When you know someone, and you get to work with them, automatically there is this comfort zone which comes in. - Shraddha Kapoor

25. If you win one or two matches at home on good wickets, on grassy wickets, you'll develop confidence automatically. - Wasim Akram.

man-hand-on-car-gear-to-drive-the-car-royalty-free-image-1584913980.jpg?resize=980:*

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer