Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-09-09 16:54:10

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Ban, Banished, and Banish Quotes

Banish, Banished, and Ban Quotes

1. We can win respect in the world only if we are strong internally and can banish poverty and unemployment from our country. - Lal Bahadur Shastri

2. I know, to banish anger altogether from one's breast is a difficult task. It cannot be achieved through pure personal effort. It can be done only by God's grace. - Mahatma Gandhi

3. I know that you cannot banish the truth permanently, you can only cloud it temporarily. - Javed Jaffrey

4. It is unethical to promote old songs sung by new artistes, and the government should ban these things. - Asha Bhosle

5. My first wish is to see this plague of mankind, war, banished from the earth. - George Washington

6. Five enemies of peace inhabit with us - avarice, ambition, envy, anger, and pride; if these were to be banished, we should infallibly enjoy perpetual peace. - Petrarch

7. The first pages of memory are like the old family Bible. The first leaves are wholly faded and somewhat soiled with handling. But, when we turn further, and come to the chapters where Adam and Eve were banished from Paradise, then, all begins to grow clear and legible. - Max Muller.

1478898192-72835951.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer