Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-10-27 15:46:01

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Better Place, and Better Player

Better Place, and Better Player

1. Real education enhances the dignity of a human being and increases his or her self-respect. If only the real sense of education could be realized by each individual and carried forward in every field of human activity, the world will be so much a better place to live in. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

2. My heroes are those who risk their lives every day to protect our world and make it a better place - police, firefighters and members of our armed forces. - Sidney Sheldon

3. The United States is definitely ahead in culture of innovation. If someone wants to accomplish great things, there is no better place than the U.S. - Elon Musk

4. Today I can declare my hope and declare it from the bottom of my heart that we will eventually see the time when that number of nuclear weapons is down to zero and the world is a much better place. - Colin Powell

5. Try to leave the Earth a better place than when you arrived. - Sidney Sheldon

6. There's no better place in the world for technology start-ups than Silicon Valley; there's such an incredible well of talent and capital and resources. The whole system is set up to foster the creation of new companies. - Elon Musk

7. I was privileged to grow up in Mexico at a time when you could play in the streets. We lived not too far from the ocean, and we would be outside all the time with the neighbours' kids, running free. What better place could there be for a child? - Salma Hayek

8. The Dalai Lama. He is a very wise man of great inner peace who believes that happiness is the purpose of our lives. Through his teachings and leadership, he continues to make this world a better place in which to live. - Sidney Sheldon

9. I want to pursue farming, and what better place to do it than at a hill station, which has a cool climate almost through the year. - Jackie Shroff

10. The OIC has a huge responsibility and a great opportunity to lift humanity to a higher level of peace and prosperity and to make this planet a better place, not just for your people but for rest of the world. - Sushma Swaraj

11. The glory is being happy. The glory is not winning here or winning there. The glory is enjoying practicing, enjoy every day, enjoying to work hard, trying to be a better player than before. - Rafael Nadal

12. To be honest, there are no problems between me and Messi. People have their own opinions about who they think is the better player. It is what it is, but there is no rivalry beyond games and what happens on the pitch. - Cristiano Ronaldo

13. The longer you play, the better chance the better player has of winning. - Jack Nicklaus

14. It's when the runs are not coming that even the minutest of flaws are viewed under the microscope. You look into your game and try to pick every single thing you can improve about it. At the end of it, you emerge as a better player than you were. - Shikhar Dhawan

15. Every day I'm getting out of bed and trying to become a better player, a better person. - Michael Clarke.

world-a-better-place.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer