Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-10-29 16:54:10

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Behold, Beholden, and Beholder Quotes

Behold, Beholden, and Beholder Quotes

1. God works wonders now and then; Behold a lawyer, an honest man. - Benjamin Franklin

2. I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy. - Rabindranath Tagore

3. I existed from all eternity and, behold, I am here; and I shall exist till the end of time, for my being has no end. - Khalil Gibran

4. They who assert that a blind fatality produced the various effects we behold in this world talk very absurdly; for can anything be more unreasonable than to pretend that a blind fatality could be productive of intelligent beings? - Montesquieu

5. The gods behold all righteous actions. - Ovid

6. Film acting is one of the only industries where you're criticized for working hard. In any other industry, it's considered a quality and something to behold. - Nicolas Cage

7. We are much beholden to Machiavel and others, that write what men do, and not what they ought to do. - Francis Bacon

8. Beauty is in the heart of the beholder. - H. G. Wells

9. People often say that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder,' and I say that the most liberating thing about beauty is realizing that you are the beholder. This empowers us to find beauty in places where others have not dared to look, including inside ourselves. - Salma Hayek

10. When I was working on Eye of the Beholder, I played a character who is so aloof that my whole lifestyle became very aloof. If someone knocked on my door, there was a part of me that went into a rage, because I wanted to be isolated and alone. - Ashley Judd

11. Beauty is worse than wine, it intoxicates both the holder and beholder. - Aldous Huxley.

26144_w_760_523.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer