Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-10-31 18:26:13

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Bias, Biased Quotes

Bias, Biased Quotes

1. Science is the search for truth, that is the effort to understand the world: it involves the rejection of bias, of dogma, of revelation, but not the rejection of morality. - Linus Pauling

2. My view is that at a younger age your optimism is more and you have more imagination etc. You have less bias. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

3. Have a bias toward action - let's see something happen now. You can break that big plan into small steps and take the first step right away. - Indira Gandhi

4. One of the more difficult tasks for me as president was to decide on the issue of confirming capital punishment awarded by courts... to my surprise... almost all cases which were pending had a social and economic bias. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

5. I had an immense advantage over many others dealing with the problem inasmuch as I had no fixed ideas derived from long-established practice to control and bias my mind, and did not suffer from the general belief that whatever is, is right. - Henry Bessemer

6. Bias has to be taught. If you hear your parents downgrading women or people of different backgrounds, why, you are going to do that. - Barbara Bush

7. I can understand the individual who is driven by biases. I can sit with him across the table and can talk to him, deal with him. But bias in the man whom we put in the seat of power and who decides to play on it... That man will destroy the very fabric of the nation. - Mahesh Bhatt

8. You can call it my bias or love for Harbhajan but if you are picking three best spinners in the country, he's got to be among them. Harbhajan is one bowler who should be playing all three formats of the game. - Sourav Ganguly

9. In politics, during my organisational roles, I have never seen gender bias within my organisation. - Smriti Irani

10. Cricket is not gender biased. It isn't that men's cricket is different and women's a different one. - Mithali Raj

11. People often speak of God being even-handed. God is not even-handed. God is biased, in favor of the weak, of the despised. - Desmond Tutu

12. Funny thing about the volatile and biased French crowds. While they'd prefer to be cheering a countryman and giving his foreign opponent merry hell, if there was no Frenchman in the game, they'd always support a Continental player over an Englishman, an American, or an Australian. - Rod Laver

13. If there is no criticism, you become lazy. But it should be constructive, and it should be the truth. If it's biased and there's no truth in it, then I don't care about it. If it's true, it helps me grow. - A. R. Rahman.

AHeader_EDUCATION_Sep2017_Bias_1280x720.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer