Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-11-01 16:57:54

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Bid, Bidder, Bidding Quotes

Bid, Bidder, and Bidding Quotes

1. I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations which dare already to challenge our government to a trial by strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country. - Thomas Jefferson

2. We are time's subjects, and time bids be gone. - William Shakespeare

3. The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of his wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind. - Khalil Gibran

4. When I bid out our construction projects, I call contractors personally to close the deal and get the best price or enhance the scope of their deliverable. You don't get what you don't ask for. - Ivanka Trump

5. Squash has the credentials to become an olympic event and our goal is to see the sport in the 2008 Beijing Olympics. We are working towards this and will keep trying even if our bid is not successful. - Jahangir Khan

6. Shashi saab had always wished that the traditions continue, even after he bids adieu to the mortal world. He didn't want any of us to mourn his death; his desire was to celebrate life in every form. - Randhir Kapoor

7. Both France and Britain are supportive of India's bid for a broad-based agreement on trade and investment with the European Union. - Salman Khurshid

8. Few men have virtue to withstand the highest bidder. - George Washington

9. If someone were to put a proposition before men bidding them choose, after examination, the best customs in the world, each nation would certainly select its own. - Herodotus

10. The moment I said I'd finished a book, I knew what would happen. There would be a bidding war, and I would end up with someone who'd got the fattest wallet, who had bought it because I'd written Harry Potter. That would have been why. - J. K. Rowling

11. You can't sell thermal power without the competitive bidding. - Piyush Goyal.

auctions_shutterstock_1110207290.jpg.webp

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer