Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-11-02 16:45:52

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Big Quotes - III

Big Quotes - III

1. Rhetoric is a poor substitute for action, and we have trusted only to rhetoric. If we are really to be a great nation, we must not merely talk; we must act big. - Theodore Roosevelt

2. Whether you come back by page or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home. - J. K. Rowling

3. Sometimes I feel my whole life has been one big rejection. - Marilyn Monroe

4. We all, as engineers, doctors, have a big responsibility to bring smiles on the faces of suffering humanity. - N. R. Narayana Murthy

5. They criticize me for harping on the obvious; if all the folks in the United States would do the few simple things they know they ought to do, most of our big problems would take care of themselves. - Calvin Coolidge

6. Big girls need big diamonds. - Elizabeth Taylor

7. You should not remain in your comfort zone; if you want to make it big, you must challenge yourself, get out of your comfort zone, and succeed in doing well outside of your comfort areas. - Rohit Sharma

8. We think these big people are very happy, but the truth is they are worse than us. We are just worried about one thing - hunger; they have a thousand worries. - Munshi Premchand

9. I learned there's a big difference between juniors and the pros. - Maria Sharapova

10. I support Real Madrid. I'm a big fan of Cristiano Ronaldo. - Virat Kohli

11. Bollywood music is definitely a big part of Indian music and can be a great way to introduce people to the sound. But I hope to continue to incorporate other types of Indian music into my work. - A. R. Rahman

12. I just think that VR and AR are going to be a really big deal. - Mark Zuckerberg

13. When you campaign and have to participate in so many debates just to the win the nomination of your party, you've had a lot of practice. You get to figure out as you go from one debate to another where you made your mistakes. By the time you get to the big debate you're pretty polished. - Arnold Schwarzenegger

14. There's 20 companies that I have investments in - some batteries, some solar-thermal, one big nuclear thing. We need hundreds and hundreds of companies like that, so that in a 20-year time frame we really are starting to change the energy infrastructure. - Bill Gates

15. You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me. - C. S. Lewis

16. If there are some losses that you take, then we're all big boys - we shouldn't be crying. - Mukesh Ambani

17. The big question about how people behave is whether they've got an Inner Scorecard or an Outer Scorecard. It helps if you can be satisfied with an Inner Scorecard. - Warren Buffett

18. My first big mission for UNICEF in Ethiopia was just to attract attention, before it was too late, to conditions which threatened the whole country. My role was to inform the world, to make sure that the people of Ethiopia were not forgotten. - Audrey Hepburn

19. The leader must aim high, see big, judge widely, thus setting himself apart form the ordinary people who debate in narrow confines. - Charles de Gaulle

20. There is not enough funding for basic sciences in India. We have to invest in a big way, and I am pushing that idea. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

21. I know that campaigns can seem small, and even silly. Trivial things become big distractions. Serious issues become sound bites. And the truth gets buried under an avalanche of money and advertising. If you're sick of hearing me approve this message, believe me - so am I. - Barack Obama

22. The radiation left over from the Big Bang is the same as that in your microwave oven but very much less powerful. It would heat your pizza only to minus 271.3*C - not much good for defrosting the pizza, let alone cooking it. - Stephen Hawking

23. I don't really have much to prove. I can easily go in a comfort zone, make two films a year, hype them because I've signed them as a star, make them cheap and they will be big hits. - Shah Rukh Khan

24. On the Internet, companies are scale businesses, characterized by high fixed costs and relatively low variable costs. You can be two sizes: You can be big, or you can be small. It's very hard to be medium. A lot of medium-sized companies had the financing rug pulled out from under them before they could get big. - Jeff Bezos

25. Stationary storage will be as big as the car business long term. The growth rate will probably be several times what it is for the car business. - Elon Musk

26. Sure it's a big job; but I don't know anyone who can do it better than I can. - John F. Kennedy

27. I am a big believer that eventually everything comes back to you. You get back what you give out. - Nancy Reagan

28. The presidency has made every man who occupied it, no matter how small, bigger than he was; and no matter how big, not big enough for its demands. - Lyndon B. Johnson

29. This is a perverse thing, personally, but I would rather be in the cycle where people are underestimating us. It gives us latitude to go out and make big bets that excite and amaze people. - Mark Zuckerberg

30. Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones. - Theodore Roosevelt

31. My grandfather was an autoworker, and I have a weapon he manufactured to protect himself from the company that he would carry to work. It's a big iron pipe with a hunk of lead on the head. I think about how far we've come as companies from those days, where workers had to protect themselves from the company. - Larry Page

32. Some of my foster families used to send me to the movies to get me out of the house and there I'd sit all day and way into the night. Up in front, there with the screen so big, a little kid all alone, and I loved it. I loved anything that moved up there and I didn't miss anything that happened and there was no popcorn either. - Marilyn Monroe

33. I am a big believer that whatever has gone lies in the past. You should only learn from it, and you should only look at the present and the future. That's been my father's philosophy and mine as well. - Mukesh Ambani

34. Death is just life's next big adventure. - J. K. Rowling

35. When Paul Allen and I started Microsoft over 30 years ago, we had big dreams about software. We had dreams about the impact it could have. - Bill Gates

36. I found this national debt, doubled, wrapped in a big bow waiting for me as I stepped into the Oval Office. - Barack Obama.

84afd18047c2c7a239dedbccdf5c5cdb?impolicy=wcms_crop_resize&cropH=1988&cropW=2991&xPos=0&yPos=0&width=862&height=575

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer