Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-11-30 17:02:05

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Blood Quotes - II

Blood Quotes - II

1. I have often endeavoured to view the circulation of the blood in terrestrial animals, but without success, by reason that no parts of their bodies were sufficiently transparent. - Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

2. I have lived a long life, and I am proud that I spend the whole of my life in the service of my people. I am only proud of this and nothing else. I shall continue to serve until my last breath, and when I die, I can say, that every drop of my blood will invigorate India and strengthen it. - Indira Gandhi

3. We are asking the nations of Europe between whom rivers of blood have flowed to forget the feuds of a thousand years. - Winston Churchill

4. In my view of the present aspect of affairs, there is no need of bloodshed and war. There is no necessity for it. I am not in favor of such a course, and I may say in advance, there will be no blood shed unless it be forced upon the government. The government will not use force unless force is used against it. - Abraham Lincoln

5. I don't drink blood, and last time I looked in the mirror, I had a reflection. - Nicolas Cage

6. I am high-strung and high-energy. My blood pressure is always high, and I am always excited to go to work. - Rishi Kapoor

7. Design in art, is a recognition of the relation between various things, various elements in the creative flux. You can't invent a design. You recognize it, in the fourth dimension. That is, with your blood and your bones, as well as with your eyes. - D. H. Lawrence

8. And though all streams flow from a single course to cleanse the blood from polluted hand, they hasten on their course in vain. - Aeschylus

9. We also can't try to take over and rebuild every country that falls into crisis. That's not leadership; that's a recipe for quagmire, spilling American blood and treasure that ultimately weakens us. It's the lesson of Vietnam, of Iraq - and we should have learned it by now. - Barack Obama

10. If a patient became sugar-free and blood sugar normal on a basal requirement diet, the caloric intake was gradually increased until sugar appeared in the urine. The tolerance was thus ascertained. - Frederick Banting

11. I'm very aware of my own background. I'm Irish, French, and then a little bit of everything else thrown in, ranging from German to Native American. We're talking about tiny drops of blood. - Anne Hathaway

12. Life is not perfect. I've had my share of sweat, blood and pain. - Rekha

13. I like porterhouse steak, rib-eyes and New York strip. This works for me because I have very low cholesterol and low blood pressure. It's not good for everyone; you have to talk to your doctor about that. I also eat fish and cheese. I like clean food prepared as simply as possible. - Sharon Stone

14. If we now plainly perceive that the passage of the blood from the arteries into the veins of the tadpole is not performed in any other than those vessels, which are so minute as only to admit the passage of a single globule at a time, we may conclude that the same is performed in like manner in our own bodies and in those of other animals. - Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

15. Playwriting gets into your blood and you can't stop it. At least not until the producers or the public tell you to. - T. S. Eliot

16. When I work, a lot of times I have to lose weight, and I do that, but in my regular life I was not eating right, and I was not getting enough exercise. But by the nature of my diet and that lifestyle - boom! The end result was high blood sugars that reach the levels where it becomes Type 2 diabetes. I share that with a gajillion other people. - Tom Hanks

17. In a battle all you need to make you fight is a little hot blood and the knowledge that it's more dangerous to lose than to win. - George Bernard Shaw

18. I was always shocked when I went to the doctor's office and they did my X-ray and didn't find that I had eight more ribs than I should have or that my blood was the color green. - Nicolas Cage

19. Myth is an attempt to narrate a whole human experience, of which the purpose is too deep, going too deep in the blood and soul, for mental explanation or description. - D. H. Lawrence

20. I've got rock 'n' roll in my blood. - William Shatner

21. I am telling you before anything, that the blood of the martyrs and the injured will not go in vain. And I would like to affirm, I will not hesitate to punish those who are responsible fiercely. I will hold those in charge who have violated the rights of our youth with the harshest punishment stipulated in the law. - Hosni Mubarak

22. Everyone in my family is an artist in some capacity whether they're musicians, painters, or sculptors, so it's in their blood. - Jessica Alba

23. The majority of my blood is Asian. - Tiger Woods

24. It just so happens that my body type and my lifestyle gives me a preclusion for high blood sugars. - Tom Hanks

25. I grew up around the theatre. My mother is an actress. I would fall asleep on tons of theatre chairs. It's in my blood; it's in my spirit and my fabric of who I am. - Alicia Keys

26. On one level, I would prefer never to hear the words 'James Bond' again, but on another level, it is part of my blood and my life. And it's the only movie in the world that offers a British actor the chance of international recognition. - Timothy Dalton

27. McCain fought in Vietnam - I think that he has enough civilian blood on his hands. - Vladimir Putin

28. It's in my blood to perform. - Britney Spears

29. I always do makeup touch-ups myself, especially for blood, wounds, and dirt. It saves so much time. - James Cameron

30. Here at home, when Americans were standing in long lines to give blood after the attack on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, we squandered an obvious opportunity to make service a noble cause again, and rekindle an American spirit of community. - Joe Biden.

Q8443NSFFgreCYkq6DzmNW-1200-80.jpg.webp

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer