Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-01-17 23:21:29

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Both Quotes - VI

Both Quotes - VI

1. Magic has five championships. I have five championships. I'm pretty sure we both know what we're doing. - Kobe Bryant

2. Doubt can motivate you, so don't be afraid of it. Confidence and doubt are at two ends of the scale, and you need both. They balance each other out. - Barbra Streisand

3. I love Africa in general South Africa and West Africa, they are both great countries. - Paris Hilton

4. Sometimes the poor are praised for being thrifty. But to recommend thrift to the poor is both grotesque and insulting. It is like advising a man who is starving to eat less. - Oscar Wilde

5. If you don't lose, you cannot enjoy the victories. So I have to accept both things. - Rafael Nadal

6. It's really easy to have a nice philosophy about openness, but moving the world in that direction is a different thing. It requires both understanding where you want to go and being pragmatic about getting there. - Mark Zuckerberg

7. As Cuvier could correctly describe a whole animal by the contemplation of a single bone, so the observer who has thoroughly understood one link in a series of incidents should be able to accurately state all the other ones, both before and after. - Arthur Conan Doyle

8. For me art and chess are closely related, both are forms in which the self finds beauty and expression. - Vladimir Kramnik

9. The young people of India will build a strong and powerful nation, a nation that is politically mature and economically strong, a nation whose people enjoy both a high quality of life as well as justice. - Pranab Mukherjee

10. It's no good trying to keep up old friendships. It's painful for both sides. The fact is, one grows out of people, and the only thing is to face it. - W. Somerset Maugham

11. There's no workman, whatsoever he be, That may both work well and hastily. - Geoffrey Chaucer

12. All the evidence, experimental and even a little theoretical, seems to indicate that it is the energy content which is involved in gravitation, and therefore, since matter and antimatter both represent positive energies, gravitation makes no distinction. - Richard P. Feynman.

look-away-mirar-ver-derecha-izquierda.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer