Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-02-16 00:34:01

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Boxing Quotes - III

Boxing Quotes - III

1. And I love kick boxing. It's a lot of fun. It gives you a lot of confidence when you can kick somebody in the head. - Alicia Keys

2. I think I've become one of the best finishers in boxing; if I hurt a guy, I normally take him out. - Sugar Ray Leonard

3. I was painfully initiated into boxing, because the guys I fought were a lot bigger than me. - Sugar Ray Leonard

4. I think its so good for boxing when a new guy or new blood as we call it, makes a big statement. - George Foreman

5. Oh, there's nothing more dangerous in life at getting hurt at than love itself. People are hurt in love affairs and never recover, more than a boxing match. - George Foreman

6. But boxing was my profession. I had to go back the second time because I was broke and I couldn't just go and get a college degree and earn it. I had too many bills, too many families. - George Foreman

7. I always expect unexpected challenges. Boxing is not an easy sport. - Sugar Ray Leonard

8. Boxing is the ultimate challenge. There's nothing that can compare to testing yourself the way you do every time you step in the ring. On the downside, you meet a lot of really bad people in boxing, at all stages of your career. - Sugar Ray Leonard

9. To say what I would have been if I wasn't boxing, I don't know why, but I always wanted to be an x-ray technician or a substitute teacher. Those two occupations always stuck with me, maybe because my substitute teacher didn't give us homework, or because I've always had x-rays of my hands. - Sugar Ray Leonard

10. I didn't excel too highly in school, but I felt that I was moving ahead - and not just in boxing - but in life. - Sugar Ray Leonard

11. There will always be something about two men in the ring - a mystique because it's pure man-to-man competition. Because of the history boxing has and the tradition it holds, boxing will always have a that mystique. - Sugar Ray Leonard

12. I was not athletically inclined. I was very quiet, introverted, non-confrontational. My three older brothers were athletes - basketball, football - but I was kind of a momma's boy. Then one day, my brother Roger encouraged me to go to the boxing gym with him. I tried the gloves on, and it just felt so natural. - Sugar Ray Leonard.

104658-004-E7E53A44.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer