Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-02-22 18:11:55

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Brains Quotes - I

Brains Quotes - I

1. I not only use all the brains that I have, but all that I can borrow. - Woodrow Wilson

2. A man paints with his brains and not with his hands. - Michelangelo

3. You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go. - Dr. Seuss

4. Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. - Benjamin Franklin

5. A good man can be stupid and still be good. But a bad man must have brains. - Maxim Gorky

6. It is astonishing what an effort it seems to be for many people to put their brains definitely and systematically to work. - Thomas A. Edison

7. In countries where innocent people are dying, the leaders are following their blood rather than their brains. - Nelson Mandela

8. Excellent teachers showered on to us like meteors: Biology teachers holding up human brains, English teachers inspiring us with a personal ideological fierceness about Tolstoy and Plato, Art teachers leading us through the slums of Boston, then back to the easel to hurl public school gouache with social awareness and fury. - Sylvia Plath

9. The reason that the all-American boy prefers beauty to brains is that he can see better than he can think. - Farrah Fawcett

10. It has actually been suggested that warfare may have been the principle evolutionary pressure that created the huge gap between the human brain and that of our closest living relatives, the anthropoid apes. Whole groups of hominids with inferior brains could not win wars and were therefore exterminated. - Jane Goodall

11. I'm not a fan of reality shows, but I am a fan of people who use their brains and skills and hard work to outsmart people, not to steal someone's man or get drunk on TV. - Sandra Bullock

12. Truth is a good dog; but always beware of barking too close to the heels of an error, lest you get your brains kicked out. - Francis Bacon.

brain-lateral-labeled.png

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer