Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-02-23 03:22:40

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Branch Quotes

Branch Quotes

1. I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. - Yasser Arafat

2. The selfsame procedure which zoology, a branch of the natural sciences, applies to the study of animals, anthropology must apply to the study of man; and by doing so, it enrolls itself as a science in the field of nature. - Maria Montessori

3. Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her, still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings. - Victor Hugo

4. The legislature's job is to write law. It's the executive branch's job to interpret law. - George W. Bush

5. In the history of science, we often find that the study of some natural phenomenon has been the starting point in the development of a new branch of knowledge. - C. V. Raman

6. Truth is certainly a branch of morality and a very important one to society. - Thomas Jefferson

7. Under the doctrine of separation of powers, the manner in which the president personally exercises his assigned executive powers is not subject to questioning by another branch of government. - Richard M. Nixon

8. We have not given science too big a place in our education, but we have made a perilous mistake in giving it too great a preponderance in method in every other branch of study. - Woodrow Wilson

9. Until politics are a branch of science we shall do well to regard political and social reforms as experiments rather than short-cuts to the millennium. - John B. S. Haldane

10. When I tried to branch out into comedy, I didn't do very well at it, so I went back to doing what I do naturally well, or what the audience expects from me - action pictures. - Sylvester Stallone

11. My brother shaved a cricket bat out of a coconut branch... we played cricket with anything we put our hands on - a hard orange, a lime, a marble - anything we could use in the backyard or the streets. - Brian Lara.

Screen_Shot_2021-07-16_at_3.22.22_PM.png?fm=webp&q=85

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer