Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-02-28 21:22:21

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Bread Quotes - I

Bread Quotes - I

1. Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul. - John Muir

2. A loaf of bread, a jug of wine, and thou. - Omar Khayyam

3. The sky is the daily bread of the eyes. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

4. The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread. - Mother Teresa

5. Man is a creature who lives not upon bread alone, but primarily by catchwords. - Robert Louis Stevenson

6. If they can make penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you. - Muhammad Ali

7. Let there be work, bread, water and salt for all. - Nelson Mandela

8. Space and light and order. Those are the things that men need just as much as they need bread or a place to sleep. - Le Corbusier

9. A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. - Thomas Jefferson

10. In the Lord's Prayer, the first petition is for daily bread. No one can worship God or love his neighbor on an empty stomach. - Woodrow Wilson

11. The human soul needs actual beauty more than bread. - D. H. Lawrence

12. There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread. - Mahatma Gandhi.

6788-Amish-White-Bread-ddmfs-4x3.5105-f0019b59b58e4836855d4fdab42761cd.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer