Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-11-12 15:43:37

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Cards Quotes - I

Cards Quotes - I

1. Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

2. Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will. - Jawaharlal Nehru

3. Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her: but once they are in hand, he or she alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. - Voltaire

4. One should always play fairly when one has the winning cards. - Oscar Wilde

5. In politics, strangely enough, the best way to play your cards is to lay them face upwards on the table. - H. G. Wells

6. I get up early, go to the coffee shop to play cards for a while. - Scarlett Johansson

7. I like to control everything, and you cannot control everything. You have to at some point say, 'I let go and I'm going to let the cards fall where they fall... For a control freak, it's hard. - Naomi Campbell

8. There is one person who sends me three cards every year. One on New Year's, one for my birthday and the third that marks the anniversary of my flight into space. - Rakesh Sharma

9. You can't live your life blaming your failures on your parents and what they did or didn't do for you. You're dealt the cards that you're dealt. I realised it was a waste of time to be angry at my parents and feel sorry for myself. - Drew Barrymore

10. This is my saddest story: In grade school, they would have us open our Valentine's cards and read them out loud. I always sent cards to myself because nobody else did. - William Shatner.

ae112908c5ada6e5d067d7392ebb2aa8.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer