Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-03-10 16:37:16

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Certain Quotes - V

Certain Quotes - V

1. All thought must, directly or indirectly, by way of certain characters, relate ultimately to intuitions, and therefore, with us, to sensibility, because in no other way can an object be given to us. - Immanuel Kant

2. There are certain shades of limelight that can wreck a girl's complexion. - Audrey Hepburn

3. Sometimes, wearing a scarf and a polo coat and no makeup and with a certain attitude of walking, I go shopping or just look at people living. But then, you know, there will be a few teenagers who are kind of sharp, and they'll say, 'Hey, just a minute. You know who I think that is?' And they'll start tailing me. And I don't mind. - Marilyn Monroe

4. To be absolutely certain about something, one must know everything or nothing about it. - Henry Kissinger

5. Advertising works most effectively when it's in line with what people are already trying to do. And people are trying to communicate in a certain way on Facebook - they share information with their friends, they learn about what their friends are doing - so there's really a whole new opportunity for a new type of advertising model within that. - Mark Zuckerberg

6. Gravity must be caused by an Agent acting constantly according to certain laws, but whether this Agent be material or immaterial I have left to the consideration of my readers. - Isaac Newton

7. This is certain, that a man that studieth revenge keeps his wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well. -  Francis Bacon

8. The only certain freedom's in departure. - Robert Frost

9. To be fond of dancing was a certain step towards falling in love. - Jane Austen

10. I can easily conceive, most Holy Father, that as soon as some people learn that in this book which I have written concerning the revolutions of the heavenly bodies, I ascribe certain motions to the Earth, they will cry out at once that I and my theory should be rejected. - Nicolaus Copernicus

11. Certain defects are necessary for the existence of individuality. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

12. The propagandist's purpose is to make one set of people forget that certain other sets of people are human. - Aldous Huxley.

Certain_web1.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer