Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-04-18 17:37:40

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Champion Quotes - IV

Champion Quotes - IV

1. The Games were created for the glorification of the individual champion. -  Pierre de Coubertin

2. What is the single most important quality in a tennis champion? I would have to say desire, staying in there and winning matches when you are not playing that well. - John McEnroe

3. If you're the Olympic champion then they have to wait four more years to get you again. - Usain Bolt

4. I am now the Wimbledon champion, and I think that gives me even more confidence coming to the Olympics. And maybe in some ways, it maybe takes some pressure off the Olympics, because I already did win at Wimbledon this year. - Roger Federer

5. I do protect human rights, and I hope I shall always be looked up as a champion of human rights. - Aung San Suu Kyi

6. Boxing is a sport, but it's also entertainment. I wanted to transcend the sport and be considered just not as a fighter, or a champion, but someone very special. - Sugar Ray Leonard

7. I think cricket is there in Usain Bolt's blood. Since I got to watch from close quarters, it was amazing to see him run up to bowl. The perfect delivery stride is understandable because he is a world champion athlete. But the manner - he loaded at the crease and then bowled the ball - left me zapped. He looked like a natural cricketer. - Harbhajan Singh

8. If, in our first match for the world champion's title, I had managed to make the score 6-0, there would have been no Kasparov as a good chess player at all. - Anatoly Karpov

9. I win at golf. I'm a club champion many times at different clubs. I win at golf. I can sink the three-footer on the 18th hole when others can't. - Donald Trump

10. Nellie Kim, an Olympic champion from the former Soviet Union, got a 10 right after me in '76, but nobody talks about that. - Nadia Comaneci

11. Once you become an Olympic champion, you are expected to win all the time. - Nadia Comaneci

12. To those people doubting Serena Williams, writing her off - do not do that to a champion. - Martina Navratilova.

c7ed.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer