Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-04-26 17:58:54

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Chance Quotes - IV

Chance Quotes - IV

1. No man ever wetted clay and then left it, as if there would be bricks by chance and fortune. - Plutarch

2. Anywhere, anytime ordinary people are given the chance to choose, the choice is the same: freedom, not tyranny; democracy, not dictatorship; the rule of law, not the rule of the secret police. - Tony Blair

3. Chance is a word void of sense; nothing can exist without a cause. - Voltaire

4. Luck is not chance, it's toil; fortune's expensive smile is earned. - Emily Dickinson

5. A child-like man is not a man whose development has been arrested; on the contrary, he is a man who has given himself a chance of continuing to develop long after most adults have muffled themselves in the cocoon of middle-aged habit and convention. - Aldous Huxley

6. When you are in any contest, you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. This is battle, this is politics, this is anything. - Dwight D. Eisenhower

7. Given a fair shot, given a fair chance, Americans have never, ever, ever, ever let their country down. Never. Never. Ordinary people like us. Who do extraordinary things. - Joe Biden

8. Climate change is destroying our path to sustainability. Ours is a world of looming challenges and increasingly limited resources. Sustainable development offers the best chance to adjust our course. - Ban Ki-moon

9. If everybody is doing it one way, there's a good chance you can find your niche by going exactly in the opposite direction. - Sam Walton

10. Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right. - Oprah Winfrey

11. It's important to give it all you have while you have the chance. - Shania Twain

12. Personally, I would be delighted if there were a life after death, especially if it permitted me to continue to learn about this world and others, if it gave me a chance to discover how history turns out. - Carl Sagan.

depositphotos_239888396-stock-photo-wooden-cubes-words-change-chance.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer