Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-04-17 02:46:25

Patrick
Real Member

A question about chat between members...

The reason I'm asking this, and not just doing it, is due to the policy on this forum about private messages, exchange of personal information etc. I wanted to ask ganesh a question the other day, that wasn't relevant to any topics(I've forgotten it now, however smile). I then wanted to write a private message to him, but found out I couldn't. There was no mail-funtion either(you normally don't have to know the persons email to do this).

"What is the question?" you might ask. And here it is smile:
Would it, if I made one, be okay to advertice for an IRC-channel in my signature? This would give the members a choice to write to each other, if both persons agreed upon it. If you moderators/admins don't approve, I won't do it. So what I'm asking for, is basicly a up or down

Support MathsIsFun.com by clicking on the banners.
What music do I listen to? Clicky click

#2 2006-04-18 17:22:38

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Re: A question about chat between members...

It certainly seems like a good idea to let members chat amongst themselves if it can be done in a safe way.

Let's talk more about it and maybe a solution can be found.

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#3 2006-04-19 18:17:17

Patrick
Real Member

It would be very nice to have a chat that used the same user/password database as this forum. It should be possible, but I wonder if there is such a chat suiteable for this exact forum?(or something that needed minor tweaking). It would make it much easier to control abuse etc that way, wouldn't it?

Support MathsIsFun.com by clicking on the banners.
What music do I listen to? Clicky click

#4 2006-04-24 06:19:48

krassi_holmz
Real Member

Good idea.

IPBLE:  Increasing Performance By Lowering Expectations.

Board footer