Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-23 06:18:40

Eeyore

I know a little

Hi,

I'm pleased to find this forum, I teach math at a local university, and am currently involved in a program for reform in math education.  The motto of this program is "teach less, learn more".

Some of my responses may be slightly non-traditional, but accurate nonetheless.  I believe that math is a set of concepts that is a playground for everyone to explore.  Rather than a salt mine with an infinitely large set of algorithms to memorize.

#2 2007-04-23 09:33:48

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Re: I know a little

Hi Eeyore, "non-traditional, but accurate" sounds like good fun ... we are going to have to keep our eyes on you smile

(BTW, Ganesh may not respond to your puzzle answers as he is currently "away", but will be back in a month or two.)

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#3 2007-05-18 04:09:39

burningleo

Re: I know a little

my math teachers says something like that he says be a problem solver   he means don't just use and try to memorize all the formulas and stuff because math is about patterns kinda

ok i forgot where i was going with this

What was, was and whats here is now big_smile

Board footer