Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-11 09:07:25

Ricky

Center right.

I was wondering if it was possible to create [center] and [right] tags for the board?  I would like to center equations in posts, but currently don't have the ability to do so.

"In the real world, this would be a problem.  But in mathematics, we can just define a place where this problem doesn't exist.  So we'll go ahead and do that now..."

#2 2008-12-11 12:01:53

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Re: Center right.

[align=center]like this?[/align]

==>

[align=center]like this?[/align]

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#3 2008-12-11 12:47:44

Ricky

Yea.. exactly like that..  So could you add those? tongue

"In the real world, this would be a problem.  But in mathematics, we can just define a place where this problem doesn't exist.  So we'll go ahead and do that now..."

#4 2008-12-11 13:48:26

JaneFairfax

[align=right].sdrawkcab epyt nac I woN !yarooH[/align]

Last edited by JaneFairfax (2008-12-12 10:05:47)

#5 2008-12-12 02:55:26

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Thats great. Now, we have align=center, align=left, align=right.
That leaves us with [align=justify]
This is the best part of posting. Without justification, the right ends seem odd. Now, I hope thats fixed too. The posts will now appear, with this facility, exactly as in the print media.
For centering, left and right alignment, keep up the good job, MathsIsFun!
Not only for acceding to the request, also for the immediate action taken. This post puts forth a request, to try and see if [align=justify] works.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#6 2008-12-12 08:45:57

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Ricky: I will form a committee to look into the implementation of that initiative  big_smile

Jane: "bzckwards"? (See ... I read it!)

[align=justify]Ganesh: "Without justification, the right ends seem odd. Now, I hope thats fixed too. The posts will now appear, with this facility, exactly as in the print media. Without justification, the right ends seem odd. Now, I hope thats fixed too. The posts will now appear, with this facility, exactly as in the print media. Without justification, the right ends seem odd. Now, I hope thats fixed too. The posts will now appear, with this facility, exactly as in the print media. Without justification, the right ends seem odd. Now, I hope thats fixed too. The posts will now appear, with this facility, exactly as in the print media."[/align]

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

Board footer