Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-07 19:50:43

karney

Message for Bobbym regarding Babylonian and Egyptian pi

Hi Bobbym!  Yes, I can take it again in September.  There will be another couple of questions on the history of math, but it is very unlikely that the history of pi will be one of them again.  I'm going to read some general material on the history of math and pray that will be enough to answer whatever they may come up with.  They also asked about what area of math Newton and Leibniz (spelling ?) were credited with.  I knew that one was calculus.  I will be OK on passing this test once I get better with the graphing calculator and with functions.  I will probably have some questions for you in the near future.  Thanks for the help.

#2 2009-07-08 02:39:41

Ricky

Re: Message for Bobbym regarding Babylonian and Egyptian pi

Karney, you can reply to a thread to keep all the posts together in the same topic (like I am doing now).  Just hit the "Post reply" link on the bottom right of the post.

"In the real world, this would be a problem.  But in mathematics, we can just define a place where this problem doesn't exist.  So we'll go ahead and do that now..."

#3 2009-07-08 07:02:45

Sa

thats sounds, nice!!!

#4 2009-07-08 17:04:16

karney

Ricky, are you from Cleveland, OH?  I see the Euclid Avenue sign and I am familiar with Euclid Avenue.  Karney

#5 2009-07-08 17:04:31

karney

Ricky, are you from Cleveland, OH?  I see the Euclid Avenue sign and I am familiar with Euclid Avenue.  Karney

Board footer