Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-20 18:03:23

didong

Deminsional analysis again sir >_<

Use dimensional analysis to find ech solution you may need to use a regerence to find some conversion factors. show all of your work.

a.) frank just graduated from eight grade. assuming exactly four years from now he will graduate from high school. how many seconds does he have until his high school graduation?

b.) in 2005, christian cant well won the US outdoor track and field championship shot put competition we a throw of 21.64 meters. how far is this in feet?

c.)a recipe for caramel oatmeal cookies call for 1.5cups of milk. sam is helping to make the cookies the soccer and football teams plus the cheerleaders and marching band, and needs to multiply the recipe by twelve. how much milk (in quarts)will he need altogether?

d.) how many football field (including the 10 yards in each end zone) would it take to make a mile?

this is reviewer my prof is not giving any example on this >_< so i need ur help>_< dunno

#2 2010-11-20 18:10:29

bobbym
bumpkin

Re: Deminsional analysis again sir >_<

Hi didong;

Okay, I have done four of them just for you over here:

http://www.mathisfunforum.com/viewtopic.php?id=14720

I have also directed you to the same page I am using to do these. So you are in college... Your professor is not showing you anything? Now how about you trying one. I have showed you how 4 times. They are all the same. Now forget about my ugly mug and let's do one together. Now cmon, try it.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#3 2010-11-20 18:31:07

didong

ahaha!!!thx sir !!!

#4 2010-11-20 18:34:25

didong

sir error on page that u give to me....

#5 2010-11-20 18:36:34

bobbym
bumpkin

Link is working fine now!

Whoa! Where are you going? There are 4 problems up there. I will show you how but I will not do them for you. You must try.

Now I have already done 4 in the other post. Just look at the first one. Try to set it up the way I have. Ask a question that shows you are trying. I will help you. Help means you and I working together to teach you. It does not mean me doing all the work.

The 4 problems I have done and your new 4 are straight out of a lab safety skill book. Word for word and in exactly the same order.
I even know what you will ask next. Should not you be doing your own work here? Is not Lab Safety important!
Does your own safety mean nothing to you? If I do them for you I am doing you great harm here!

Here is the template for all of them.

? ( what you want) = ( what you have )  X conversion factor.

Put in all dimensions, and cancel them where necessary. Then multiply the numbers and the dimensions.

#6 2010-11-20 19:22:42

didong

give me same idea on letter A.) please!!! neutral

#7 2010-11-20 19:29:07

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi;

a.) frank just graduated from eight grade. assuming exactly four years from now he will graduate from high school. how many seconds does he have until his high school graduation?

How many seconds is what you want and 4 years is what you have, Just fill in the template.

? ( what you want) = ( what you have )  X conversion factor.

The conversion factor is how many seconds in a year.

Notice how the years cancel on top and bottom! What would you do now?

Here is what you should do.

a) is done! Do you see what I did, just filled in the template. Plug in the missing boxes. It is easy. How about trying b?

Board footer