Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-26 05:02:03

Hana.AS

3 D Geometry, manual drawing

greetings

I hope someone can help me to solve the case explained below:

I'm stuck in this shape for more than two months to solve it out with geometry rules and math formulas but I cant solve it, the question is if I have details of any three points of the attached model the other three points will be fixed in there places so how I can get out of three points locations that I know the other 3 points locations?

if I have C-B, C-T & B-T how can I get location of C-A, C-D & C-S using geometry or math formulas.
please help me or advice me how to solve it out

I attached excel file contain 4 examples, if you need more details about point B, C & T let me know please

http://htam.info/plus-details.html

regards,
Hana Albasha
--

#2 2010-11-26 06:12:19

Bob
Administrator

Re: 3 D Geometry, manual drawing

Hi HanaAS

That looks possible, but I want to check some details.

You seem to have three lines, each perpendicular to the other two.  Correct?

Two lines are 600, the third is 550.  But do they cross at their midpoints?  Yes/No

Once I'm clear on that the rest is just trigonometry.  Do you know how to do SINE/COSINE/TANGENT ?

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

#3 2010-11-26 11:05:29

Hana.AS

bob bundy wrote:

Hi HanaAS

You seem to have three lines, each perpendicular to the other two.  Correct? yep 3 lines

Two lines are 600, the third is 550.  But do they cross at their midpoints?  Yes Exact midpoint

Once I'm clear on that the rest is just trigonometry.  Do you know how to do SINE/COSINE/TANGENT ? yep that is easy Bob smile
Bob

you gave me hope and im so glad smile

Kind regards,
kiss Hana

#4 2010-11-27 09:38:10

Hana.AS

bob bundy wrote:

Hi HanaAS

Bob

Hello Bob,

any news about the model smile

Thanks

#5 2010-11-27 13:37:43

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Hana: I think Bob was asking you some questions

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#6 2010-11-27 14:50:48

Hana.AS

MathsIsFun wrote:

Hana: I think Bob was asking you some questions

Hello MIF

I did answer his questions in the quote after the question mark, i think he didnt come online today

thank you smile

#7 2010-12-04 14:06:48

Hana.AS

bob bundy wrote:

Hi HanaAS

You seem to have three lines, each perpendicular to the other two.  Correct?

Two lines are 600, the third is 550.  But do they cross at their midpoints?  Yes/No

Once I'm clear on that the rest is just trigonometry.  Do you know how to do SINE/COSINE/TANGENT ?

Bob

Hello Bob,

Im wondering if its possible or not to get data f the other 3 edges if so I can keep trying to search if some one could help cause im geting upset , I tried to contact so many ppl in geometry and they cant solve it
Thanks

#8 2010-12-04 22:17:16

Bob
Administrator

hi Hana.AS

Sorry that I haven't come back to you on this query.  Somehow I seem to have missed everything that's happened since post 2.

So you know about trig.  That's good.  Now to be specific.

The link I've looked at shows three lines,  AB, CD and ST.  I cannot see a letter for where they cross, so let's call it 'O'.

I can also see you've said AB = CD = 600  and ST = 550.

*EDIT*  I've just seen that you've answered the next two questions.  I'd missed it because you put your answers into the quote.  I knew what I'd said so I didn't look too closely at the quote.

Now it looks like AO = OB and CO = OD  and SO = OT  (ie. they cross at the midpoints) but is this correct?  *EDIT YOU'RE SAYING YES.*

And it looks like angle AOC = angle AOS = angle COS = 90 degrees (ie. they cross each other at right angles). Again is this correct?
*EDIT YOU'RE SAYING YES.*

So please try to answer these questions *EDIT SORRY, YOU HAVE.* and then say, in terms of these letters, what you want to calculate.

Bob

Last edited by Bob (2010-12-04 22:22:18)

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

Board footer