Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-02-13 09:07:17

mathwonka

taking the a-level modules...

hi,

i've never studied maths a-level before but i know some basic calculus like differentiation integration etc, and knowledge of gcse maths and statistics. i consistently achieve 95% at gcse, sometimes 100%.

however i have been entered for the C1, C2, C3, C4, S1 and M1 modules early to be sat in may-june leaving me with about 14-16 weeks to prepare.

my question is do you think it is possible to learn all those modules and get A* in them in 16 weeks?

thanks

#2 2011-02-13 09:13:24

mathwonka

Re: taking the a-level modules...

at the moment i have learned most of the C1 module and it should take me another week to be able to get A* in it

#3 2011-02-13 10:26:27

Bob
Administrator

Re: taking the a-level modules...

hi mathwonka,

Wow! That's a lot to cover in the time.  Are you studying other A levels too?  If you want to get to C4 by June, you should be finding C1 pretty straight forward now.  It's not just a question of doing another three similar modules;  they will get tougher I think.

It can be done if you have the ability and I wish you luck.  And you can bank the best results and re-sit others.

I see you are visiting as a guest.  You've nothing to lose by signing up as a member.  It'll be easier to get help because you can 'subscribe' to threads that interest you and see who is on-line, meaning you can carry on an immediate dialogue.

Have you also looked at the Maths Is Fun main site (second on the left tab above) , where there are stacks of useful lessons, exercises and helpful 'bits and pieces'?

Bob

Last edited by Bob (2011-02-13 10:29:13)

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

Board footer