Math Is Fun Forum
  Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#26 2013-03-16 03:24:50

mathgogocart
Member
Registered: 2012-04-29
Posts: 1,431

Re: money

Math is more important than money. smile


Hey.

Offline

#27 2013-04-17 21:45:53

mathaholic
Member
From: Juliania
Registered: 2012-11-29
Posts: 2,895
Website

Re: money

Jesus is the most important among math and money.


"What is the square root of 2? 1.4141592653589793238" Seriously, I thought it was that. Too round?
3.141592653589793238...

Offline

#28 2013-04-18 03:41:27

Agnishom
Real Member
From: The Complex Plane
Registered: 2011-01-29
Posts: 18,892
Website

Re: money

Last edited by Agnishom (2013-04-18 03:42:59)


'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
'You have made another human being happy. There is no greater accomplishment.' -bobbym

Offline

#29 2013-04-19 19:07:23

mathaholic
Member
From: Juliania
Registered: 2012-11-29
Posts: 2,895
Website

Re: money

dunno:


"What is the square root of 2? 1.4141592653589793238" Seriously, I thought it was that. Too round?
3.141592653589793238...

Offline

#30 2013-04-20 00:39:29

mathgogocart
Member
Registered: 2012-04-29
Posts: 1,431

Re: money

Jejus is less then Pokemon


Hey.

Offline

#31 2013-04-21 14:50:50

mathaholic
Member
From: Juliania
Registered: 2012-11-29
Posts: 2,895
Website

Re: money

dunno


"What is the square root of 2? 1.4141592653589793238" Seriously, I thought it was that. Too round?
3.141592653589793238...

Offline

#32 2013-04-27 00:45:47

bob bundy
Moderator
Registered: 2010-06-20
Posts: 6,532

Re: money

Agnishom wrote:

Are you sure?  I thought Jesus was omni-present.

Bob


You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei

Offline

#33 2013-05-01 16:28:40

Agnishom
Real Member
From: The Complex Plane
Registered: 2011-01-29
Posts: 18,892
Website

Re: money

Yes, he is.

I can't be sure but the following statement is not ok:

Jesus is the most important among math and money.


'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
'You have made another human being happy. There is no greater accomplishment.' -bobbym

Offline

#34 2013-05-02 02:44:30

Agnishom
Real Member
From: The Complex Plane
Registered: 2011-01-29
Posts: 18,892
Website

Re: money

Duh! I have to compose a 1000 word essay on Why must I open a Bank Account


'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
'You have made another human being happy. There is no greater accomplishment.' -bobbym

Offline

#35 2013-05-02 02:46:41

ShivamS
Member
Registered: 2011-02-07
Posts: 3,629

Re: money

For which subject? Economics?

Offline

#36 2013-05-02 03:28:02

Agnishom
Real Member
From: The Complex Plane
Registered: 2011-01-29
Posts: 18,892
Website

Re: money

No, for an esssay competition by the RBI


'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
'You have made another human being happy. There is no greater accomplishment.' -bobbym

Offline

#37 2013-05-02 06:04:54

bobbym
Administrator
From: Bumpkinland
Registered: 2009-04-12
Posts: 90,672

Re: money

Hi Agnishom;

That is very interesting. Do they mean right now?


In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.

I agree with you regarding the satisfaction and importance of actually computing some numbers. I can't tell you how often I see time and money wasted because someone didn't bother to run the numbers.

Offline

#38 2013-05-02 13:30:28

Agnishom
Real Member
From: The Complex Plane
Registered: 2011-01-29
Posts: 18,892
Website

Re: money

No, at any point in future.

How the heck could this be interesting? It is like asking why we should record all our data or why we should use a computer. Moreover, I don't have much idea to write 1000 words on it.


'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
'You have made another human being happy. There is no greater accomplishment.' -bobbym

Offline

#39 2013-05-02 13:48:40

bobbym
Administrator
From: Bumpkinland
Registered: 2009-04-12
Posts: 90,672

Re: money

Hi Agnishom;

You could possibly write about the distrust some people have of banks, they store their money elsewhere.


In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.

I agree with you regarding the satisfaction and importance of actually computing some numbers. I can't tell you how often I see time and money wasted because someone didn't bother to run the numbers.

Offline

#40 2013-05-02 14:35:00

Agnishom
Real Member
From: The Complex Plane
Registered: 2011-01-29
Posts: 18,892
Website

Re: money

Hi bobbym,

You should read Stephen Leacock's 'My Financial Carrier'


'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
'You have made another human being happy. There is no greater accomplishment.' -bobbym

Offline

#41 2013-05-02 21:35:27

bobbym
Administrator
From: Bumpkinland
Registered: 2009-04-12
Posts: 90,672

Re: money

Hi;

Have you read it?


In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.

I agree with you regarding the satisfaction and importance of actually computing some numbers. I can't tell you how often I see time and money wasted because someone didn't bother to run the numbers.

Offline

#42 2013-05-03 02:02:41

Agnishom
Real Member
From: The Complex Plane
Registered: 2011-01-29
Posts: 18,892
Website

Re: money

Yes, have you?


'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
'You have made another human being happy. There is no greater accomplishment.' -bobbym

Offline

#43 2013-05-03 02:04:45

bobbym
Administrator
From: Bumpkinland
Registered: 2009-04-12
Posts: 90,672

Re: money

No, I have never even heard of it.


In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.

I agree with you regarding the satisfaction and importance of actually computing some numbers. I can't tell you how often I see time and money wasted because someone didn't bother to run the numbers.

Offline

#44 2013-05-10 05:20:39

Agnishom
Real Member
From: The Complex Plane
Registered: 2011-01-29
Posts: 18,892
Website

Re: money

http://www.online-literature.com/stephe … -lapses/1/

Please read it, it won't take long


'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
'You have made another human being happy. There is no greater accomplishment.' -bobbym

Offline

#45 2013-05-10 05:34:44

bobbym
Administrator
From: Bumpkinland
Registered: 2009-04-12
Posts: 90,672

Re: money

Hi Agnishom;

I have read it. I hope that is not you completely. I mistrust bankers too.


In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.

I agree with you regarding the satisfaction and importance of actually computing some numbers. I can't tell you how often I see time and money wasted because someone didn't bother to run the numbers.

Offline

#46 2013-05-10 05:58:01

anonimnystefy
Real Member
From: The Foundation
Registered: 2011-05-23
Posts: 15,658

Re: money

bob bundy wrote:
Agnishom wrote:

Are you sure?  I thought Jesus was omni-present.

Bob


If he is omni-present then it would mean money,math
Jesus, not Jesus
{money,math}

Last edited by anonimnystefy (2013-05-10 05:59:18)


“Here lies the reader who will never open this book. He is forever dead.

“Taking a new step, uttering a new word, is what people fear most.” ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Crime and Punishment

Offline

#47 2013-05-10 06:24:48

bobbym
Administrator
From: Bumpkinland
Registered: 2009-04-12
Posts: 90,672

Re: money

Hi Agnishom;

Moreover, I don't have much idea to write 1000 words on it.

That is a lot of words. Are you being punished?


In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.

I agree with you regarding the satisfaction and importance of actually computing some numbers. I can't tell you how often I see time and money wasted because someone didn't bother to run the numbers.

Offline

#48 2013-05-10 15:23:27

Agnishom
Real Member
From: The Complex Plane
Registered: 2011-01-29
Posts: 18,892
Website

Re: money

anonimnystefy wrote:
bob bundy wrote:
Agnishom wrote:

Are you sure?  I thought Jesus was omni-present.

Bob


If he is omni-present then it would mean money,math
Jesus, not Jesus
{money,math}

I am not getting your point.

Hi bobbym,

Punished? I wrote 875 words and I am done with it


'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
'You have made another human being happy. There is no greater accomplishment.' -bobbym

Offline

#49 2013-05-10 15:44:09

bobbym
Administrator
From: Bumpkinland
Registered: 2009-04-12
Posts: 90,672

Re: money

What if they count?


In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.

I agree with you regarding the satisfaction and importance of actually computing some numbers. I can't tell you how often I see time and money wasted because someone didn't bother to run the numbers.

Offline

#50 2013-05-10 20:33:35

Agnishom
Real Member
From: The Complex Plane
Registered: 2011-01-29
Posts: 18,892
Website

Re: money

It is for an essay competition. Why should they count?


'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
'You have made another human being happy. There is no greater accomplishment.' -bobbym

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB