Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#76 2013-03-27 12:10:53

ShivamS

Re: FUN math puzzles!

1. For, Pot, Bowl and Spork. That last one was hard.
2. Chris. Why? Evan, Chris or Jimmy did it. If Evan, Chris too. If Jimmy, somebody else also as he doesn't drive.

#77 2013-03-27 12:21:33

bobbym
bumpkin

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#78 2013-03-28 07:33:18

Mathegocart

Bobbym-1725-:)
50 P-awesome
100 P-Epic
200-Genius
400-Silver Medal
700-Listing Pro
900-Braniac
1500-
1.Detective Wesley carefully examined the scene before him. He was in a hotel room about 3 miles from the victim's home. The victim's body lay in front of him peacefully on the bed. It was January 7th, 3:15 PM, the body was discovered by a hotel maid. The man's name was Sean Donovin. He was in his late twenties, a successful business owner, a Sunday school teacher, and was soon to be married. The detective shook his head in disgust. He whispered to himself, "Why would anyone commit suicide when they had everything going for them?"

The detective saw this as suspicious. The only potential suspects would have to be people he trusted. According to testimony from his coworkers and friends, he only trusted 3 people: his sister, Hannah, who was very close with the victim and who often assisted him while he taught at the local church; his brother, John, who owned a smaller, semi-successful business; and his fiance, Jenna.

The apparent cause of death was by injection of poison. At least his death was peaceful, the detective thought. The detective continued to search the hotel room, when he stumbled upon a suicide note. It read:

Jan 04/2009 4:10 AM

My loved ones,

Jenna, Sis, John, I would just like to tell you how sorry I am. Blame God for why I am to die today. Blame Him. Seek Him if you want to know why I did leave you. Do not mourn my death. Please move on.

Goodbye,

Sean

The detective saw this letter as somewhat suspicious. His last words were abrupt, almost impersonal. Why would a Sunday school teacher blame God?

The body was taken in for medical examination. Days later, the coroner would determine that the body died from a poison which killed instantly. The coroner would also determine that the body was only dead a mere 3 hours before it was discovered.

The detective then realized that the date and time used on the note were completely false. All 3 of those mentioned in the letter agreed the handwriting was indeed Sean's.

The detective realized that the identity of the murderer was given inside the suicide note. After a thorough examination of the note, Detective Wesley quickly arrested the murderer.

Who was it?-??100 points

The integral of hope is reality.
May bobbym have a wonderful time in the pearly gates of heaven.
He will be sorely missed.

#79 2013-03-28 20:26:49

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

#80 2013-03-28 20:33:01

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

You are trapped in a room with two doors...  One door lead to certain freedom and the other leads to a ton of worms that you'll have to eat.

Oh really? But if I get freedom I would like to eat a ton of worms

'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

#81 2013-03-29 01:47:31

Mathegocart

No.
__________________---
1.Which of these names doesn't quite fit the list?

Alan
Alex
Andre
Carl
Dan
Eric
Paul
Pete
Robert

#82 2013-03-30 08:04:02

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi;

#83 2013-03-30 08:09:04

Mathegocart

ok.
`1.Five friends got together every December to celebrate the holidays. Last December, they decided they would like to see each other more often. So, they decided to schedule time where they got play they favourite games and share their favourite snacks. Can you figure out their schedule?

Friends: Andrea, Jennifer, Mark, Susan, Travis
Games: Rummy, Go Fish, Monopoly, Chess, Charades
Months: January, March, June, August, October
Snacks: Chips, Donuts, Fruit, Pretzels, Chicken wings

1) The five friends are Jennifer, Mark, the rummy player, the one who signed up for January, and the pretzel bringer.

2) Susan wanted as much time as possible to prepare even though her favourite game only requires a deck of cards.

3) Jennifer loves meat and chose her snack and game accordingly.

4) Mark is very active and likes to move around a lot when he plays games.

5) When one friend signed up for June, Andrea laughed and said, "Donuts? Are you serious?"

6) Andrea picked the healthiest snack for the body and the game she deemed most stimulating for the mind. Some of the others wondered why she picked a game for only two players since they would have to do a tournament.

7) Mark signed up earlier in the year than Travis.

8) The rummy player did not sign up to bring what he or she considered to be a breakfast food.

9) Everyone agreed that it would be nice to have pretzels in the summer and chips in the fall.

#84 2013-03-30 12:39:34

Mathegocart

Anyone?

#85 2013-03-30 12:46:09

bobbym
bumpkin

Those will take some time and in the meantime you did not check post #82 for correctness.

#86 2013-04-22 14:47:17

mathdad

mathgogocart wrote:

Bobbym-1725-:)
50 P-awesome
100 P-Epic
200-Genius
400-Silver Medal
700-Listing Pro
900-Braniac
1500-
1.Detective Wesley carefully examined the scene before him. He was in a hotel room about 3 miles from the victim's home. The victim's body lay in front of him peacefully on the bed. It was January 7th, 3:15 PM, the body was discovered by a hotel maid. The man's name was Sean Donovin. He was in his late twenties, a successful business owner, a Sunday school teacher, and was soon to be married. The detective shook his head in disgust. He whispered to himself, "Why would anyone commit suicide when they had everything going for them?"

The detective saw this as suspicious. The only potential suspects would have to be people he trusted. According to testimony from his coworkers and friends, he only trusted 3 people: his sister, Hannah, who was very close with the victim and who often assisted him while he taught at the local church; his brother, John, who owned a smaller, semi-successful business; and his fiance, Jenna.

The apparent cause of death was by injection of poison. At least his death was peaceful, the detective thought. The detective continued to search the hotel room, when he stumbled upon a suicide note. It read:

Jan 04/2009 4:10 AM

My loved ones,

Jenna, Sis, John, I would just like to tell you how sorry I am. Blame God for why I am to die today. Blame Him. Seek Him if you want to know why I did leave you. Do not mourn my death. Please move on.

Goodbye,

Sean

The detective saw this letter as somewhat suspicious. His last words were abrupt, almost impersonal. Why would a Sunday school teacher blame God?

The body was taken in for medical examination. Days later, the coroner would determine that the body died from a poison which killed instantly. The coroner would also determine that the body was only dead a mere 3 hours before it was discovered.

The detective then realized that the date and time used on the note were completely false. All 3 of those mentioned in the letter agreed the handwriting was indeed Sean's.

The detective realized that the identity of the murderer was given inside the suicide note. After a thorough examination of the note, Detective Wesley quickly arrested the murderer.

Who was it?-??100 points

I believe I have it:

#87 2013-04-22 17:31:45

mathdad

Post 83 Logic Puzzle:

Board footer